• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thought-Provoking Perspectives on Obama and Christianity by Huntley Brown

In summary, my brother sent me an interesting, well thought out E-mail from Huntley Brown, a gifted Christian pianist, who is also a black man. He explained in articulate terms why he could not vote for Obama. It is very interesting, and a lot of food for thought.
mrssyvo
My brother sent me an interesting, well thought out E-mail from Huntley Brown, a gifted Christian pianist, who is also a black man. He explained in articulate terms why he could not vote for Obama. It is very interesting, and a lot of food for thought. It is attached, posted for information only, not to incite a riot, but to just give you something to think about.

Attachments

• Huntley Brown Article.doc
    34 KB · Views: 316
Yep, I saw that too (I think it was buried in another thread). It was verified by snope.com too, for what it's worth.

I was most interested on his views, as a black man, on race and how it has played out in Obama's experience/teachings from his church.

I don't get involved in politics much, but I just read this and is what he said about the partial birth abortion true? The actually do that? (Yes I am Naive.)

heather223 said:
I don't get involved in politics much, but I just read this and is what he said about the partial birth abortion true? The actually do that? (Yes I am Naive.)

Sadly, it is true...although the left tries to downplay it and sugar coat it. But in reality - Yes, that is what they do.

But hey, it's not important...because the economy is bad. :rolleyes:(sarcasm intended._

I read that letter a few days ago too, and thought it was an amazing letter to have been written. Well thought out and articulate.

Heather, you might be interested to read the James Dobson newsletter - he quotes Obama when he talked about raising his daughters, that if either of them got pregnant, he would not want them to be punished (and yes he really used this word!) with a baby...

And this from someone who supposedly wants to reduce the abortions rate and "doesn't like abortions" (my paraphrase), but who has said the Freedom of Choice Act will be the first piece of legislation that he signs once in office... I'm sorry, but since when has a baby been a punishment??? A baby may be a *consequence*, but I'm afraid I cannot comprehend calling it a punishment, which as such can be disposed of.

Because heaven forbid anyone should actually be expected to take responsibilty for their actions... And yes IMO this applies to even those who are young, not well educated, have forceful boyfriends etc etc. We're talking about killing a baby. So let's work VERY hard to reduce these unwanted pregnancies, but also value the child's life as much as the mother's.

Oh, and apparently this includes giving sex ed to KINDERGARTENERS!!! Now I'm all for age appropriate sex ed, but at age 5, I want to be my kids source of information on this. Now later on, I realise that it's often necessary for the schools to fill in the gaps for those kids whose parents who choose not to do their job, but at 5???

Sorry for the rant (not aimed at Heather!), I've debated not posting, I know a lot of are sick of the politics, but this just bugs the heck out of me (obviously!!) and I wonder how many people out there aren't really aware of what the consequences really are.

Related to Thought-Provoking Perspectives on Obama and Christianity by Huntley Brown

1. What is the main focus of "Thought-Provoking Perspectives on Obama and Christianity by Huntley Brown"?

The main focus of the book is to explore the relationship between former President Barack Obama and his Christian faith, as well as the impact of his faith on his political decisions and actions.

2. Is this book biased towards a particular political party or ideology?

No, the book aims to present a balanced and objective view of Obama's Christian beliefs and how they may have influenced his presidency. The author, Huntley Brown, is a Christian musician and speaker and does not have any political affiliations.

3. Does the book offer any new insights or information about Obama's faith?

Yes, the book delves into Obama's personal experiences and reflections on his faith, as well as his public statements and actions as a political leader. It also includes interviews with individuals who have worked closely with Obama and can provide unique perspectives on his faith.

4. Who is the target audience for this book?

The target audience for this book is anyone interested in the intersection of religion and politics, specifically in understanding how Obama's Christian beliefs may have influenced his presidency. It may also be of interest to those who are curious about Obama's personal faith journey.

5. Is this book appropriate for all ages?

While the book does not contain any explicit or inappropriate content, it may be more suitable for older readers who can better understand the complex topics and themes discussed. Parents may want to preview the book before recommending it to younger readers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
JAE
  • imported_lkprescott
  • General Chat