• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Trying to Conceive?

In summary, Kristen and her husband are not trying for a baby, but are hoping for one. Her son is 5 months old and she plans to have another child in the future.
I am thrilled for everyone else, really! I wouldn't wish what we're going through on anyone. Even though those tests didn't come back positive, I felt in my heart I was (or going nuts like on one of those Lifetime TV movies). So, we're just going to keep at it. I have to say, I got AF on 11/8 it was AWFUL. And now, yesterday and today, I just have horrible cramps. I don't know if it was because of my exam on Thurs or what.
Thanks for all of your support!

AJPratt said:
Had my check up and the doc thinks I had a miscarriage and just "passed everything on my own".

I'm so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you. I'll keep you in my prayers.

OK... I got my period Wednesday. I was surprised, but it seemed soon. I went on that website I use to track my fertility. I already had it in November from the 8th to the 12th. This one is bad... I was actually taking Midol (2 pills) every 6 hours, when usually one is enough. What should I do?

If the doctor thinks you might have miscarried last time, that could be what's messing it up. My sister miscarried in May & had painful periods for a few months. Has it been hurting that bad for 2 days? If so, you may want to call the doctor & find out if they can give you a stronger pain med.

Its better now. The first three days were bad, but I got through it OK.

Would you believe I JUST NOW got the notice that you posted?

AJPratt said:
Its better now. The first three days were bad, but I got through it OK.

Would you believe I JUST NOW got the notice that you posted?

Only 4 days--not bad!:p

Maybe you'll get an awesome Christmas present! Did you read my post about my dream about you??

I had a dream a few nights ago that you were pregnant and everyone on the board knew but me! When I found out I was so mad at you! Maybe it is a physic preggo dream...

I am really sorry to hear about your ordeal Anne. I hope gillian sends her good vibes your way.

BTW- My hubs and I are trying for baby #2. ;)

Good luck!
SillyChef said:
I am really sorry to hear about your ordeal Anne. I hope gillian sends her good vibes your way.

BTW- My hubs and I are trying for baby #2. ;)

Good luck on that pregnancy. Not that I believe in luck but it's just an old habit to break, I always say that. The Lord is in control of everything and I hiope he answers your prayers!! It's always fun trying!! :p

Debbie :D

Margie: Thanks! I will send good thoughts your way!

Debbie: Am I ever going to get to meet you? I just love your approach to things!

I would love to meet you Anne!!Anne it would be my pleasure to meet you. You are a strong, confident and encouraging woman. I really enjoy your posts as well. You're funny and the world definitely needs humor!!

Hopefully we will meet up at a Conference for PC or just bump into each other where we least expect!! That would be fun!!

So... anyone have any news?

Once again I got two periods this month. I'm going to call my doc when I have a quiet moment. Dave has to get tested, but is reluctant. I guess its the first step in a long process.

AJPratt said:
So... anyone have any news?

Once again I got two periods this month. I'm going to call my doc when I have a quiet moment. Dave has to get tested, but is reluctant. I guess its the first step in a long process.

Well......I think I might! I spotted yesterday at 3 days late & thought I wasn't, but then nothing happened today. So I took a test in the afternoon & it came back faintly positive! I had already bought a box of two last week just in case & found an extra test under the sink, so I'm going to take another one or two to make sure. And NO, I will not be taking pictures of them like Gillian!!! Although, with my daughter I took about 4-5 tests! But I had had so many negatives that the positive was a little shocking!

Anne, I hope everything works out with your future testing. One couple I know had given up after 10 years of trying & now have a 2 year old son! Good luck--I pray for you!

Thank you!

Anne, I really hope that everything works out for you and Dave...... I kno how badly you guys want a little one..... I will keep you guys in my prayers :)

I am trying right now too. Hmmm. I am hoping it will happen soon! Anne, I am praying for you as well!

After the m/c in November, we are ready to start trying again next month. I didn't want to try this month because if we would have gotten pg then I would have to take a semester off of school, this way if the pg goes as planned I can still graduate this December.

pamperedgirl3 said:
Well......I think I might! I spotted yesterday at 3 days late & thought I wasn't, but then nothing happened today. So I took a test in the afternoon & it came back faintly positive! I had already bought a box of two last week just in case & found an extra test under the sink, so I'm going to take another one or two to make sure.

Well, test #2 came back positive this morning! I'm taking one more Wednesday just to make sure--but we're thinking to expect another little bundle in October! My daughter just turned 2 yesterday when we found out, so they'll be just over 2 1/2 years apart.

jenniferknapp said:
Congrats!! :)

Thanks! I think I'm still kind of in shock!

Congratulations!!!
pamperedgirl3 said:
Thanks! I think I'm still kind of in shock!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

That is always good news when you are trying. I hope everyone who is trying gets their positive results soon!!
Those who are trying are in my prayers!!

Congrats to everyone!! I think of you often Anne!

Thanks for all of your kind words!

Aw, Anne! I feel it will happen soon for you!

My youngest is 14 months old. My son is 3.5 years old. I think I'm done but I'm getting those pangs again. Maybe when my youngest starts preschool we'll see.

Anne-when did PC put that link on eBay? It's awesome!!!

SilverCeladon said:
Anne-when did PC put that link on eBay? It's
awesome!!!
Thanks!

Its says member since 10/04/05.

Wow
pamperedgirl3 said:
Well......I think I might! I spotted yesterday at 3 days late & thought I wasn't, but then nothing happened today. So I took a test in the afternoon & it came back faintly positive! I had already bought a box of two last week just in case & found an extra test under the sink, so I'm going to take another one or two to make sure. And NO, I will not be taking pictures of them like Gillian!!! Although, with my daughter I took about 4-5 tests! But I had had so many negatives that the positive was a little shocking!

Anne, I hope everything works out with your future testing. One couple I know had given up after 10 years of trying & now have a 2 year old son! Good luck--I pray for you!

WOW Anne we will be praying for your positive result. I had a very faint positive and took about 3 more because I wanted to be sure!!! I kept getting a faint positive and when I went to see the doctor I was only like 6 weeks along!! These tests detect results so early!!
Keep us posted!!! That's an order!!!!! :p

Sorry Debbie, that was me & not Anne who wrote about the pg test. Hopefully it will be Anne soon though!!

Anne...I'm feeling you! My husband have been TTC for 18 months but to no avail. I'm to the point where I've created a spreadsheet in Excel and I'm tracking my CM, uteral position and morning temperatures! [lol]
Sound familiar?

By your screen name I am guessing you have figured it out before, LOL!!

TwinGirlsMom said:
Anne...I'm feeling you! My husband have been TTC for 18 months but to no avail. I'm to the point where I've created a spreadsheet in Excel and I'm tracking my CM, uteral position and morning temperatures! [lol]
Sound familiar?
I do it all online! Its a pretty high tech operation here. LOL

I charted at www.fertilityfriend.com when I got pregnant with this baby. They have a free 30 day (maybe 90 day?) VIP trial where they tell you when the best time is and have people reviewing your charts. I highly recommend them. I ended up paying for it because I couldn't let it go after 30 days, and I think it was $17 for 3 month VIP.

My cycle is all over the place now. It went from 37 days after birth control pills to the miscarriage in Nov to now 23 days starting in November and then 37 and now back to 23 in Jan. Go figure. I am going to have Dave tested, before I do anything else. I use www.mymonthlycycle.com. It wasn't until I started that in April that I saw the true length of my cycle and I've been better with everything else. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the length of my cycle with all the advice I weas getting (when to do it, etc).

Hey, its a 28 day cycle world, people.

Thanks for the info...I'm all for any new ideas!
Yes, we have twin girls and conceived immediately with them so I am completely stumped as to what the deal is this time around!

Gillian, have you had your baby?

Nope- I am only half way. I am 21 weeks today and officially into the sucky part! The beginning of pregnancy is horrible and you feel like crap all the time, but you still feel like you have something to look forward to. Now that we have had our U/S and know everything is fine I just have to wait!! I HATE waiting. Plus my 3 year old doesn't really understand time so she asks every few days when Baylor is coming. Uggg! I feel really well, but I just hate thinking I have 5 more months of this!!

My husband and I just found out we were expecting!!! We are very excited!! Good luck!! I will be praying for you.

Congratulations to all expecting, and good luck to all that are trying :)

I have 6 months!
gilliandanielle said:
Nope- I am only half way. I am 21 weeks today and officially into the sucky part! The beginning of pregnancy is horrible and you feel like crap all the time, but you still feel like you have something to look forward to. Now that we have had our U/S and know everything is fine I just have to wait!! I HATE waiting. Plus my 3 year old doesn't really understand time so she asks every few days when Baylor is coming. Uggg! I feel really well, but I just hate thinking I have 5 more months of this!!

This pregnancy is going really slow for me too Gill. :(

I will be 16 weeks (4 months) this Friday!!! I still have 6 months to go. The good thing is that I have had all my children at 37 weeks, strange huh? So instead of being due on July 30th, I think I might have this baby the first month of July!!
I hope next month we can find out what I am having!! Everyone pray for a girl and think PINK!!! I am going to this cool baby expo the first week of March and I am signing up to see if I can get a FREE sonogram and maybe I can find out sooner than my next month's doctor's appt. what we are having! I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow morning but I doubt my doctor will want to check this early! :rolleyes:

I have never made it to 37 weeks either, so I am looking at the end of May...it still seems so far away!!

I have a good friend who is due August 1st and she jsut found out that she is having a girl. She took a bad fall and they had to do and U/S but everything is okay. She already has two boys so she is super excited. I would ask tomorrow Debbie- the worst they can do is say no!

I LOVE hearing all of the updates! Debbie: I would def. ask my doc!!

DebbieSAChef said:

I will be 16 weeks (4 months) this Friday!!! I still have 6 months to go. The good thing is that I have had all my children at 37 weeks, strange huh? So instead of being due on July 30th, I think I might have this baby the first month of July!!
I hope next month we can find out what I am having!! Everyone pray for a girl and think PINK!!! I am going to this cool baby expo the first week of March and I am signing up to see if I can get a FREE sonogram and maybe I can find out sooner than my next month's doctor's appt. what we are having! I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow morning but I doubt my doctor will want to check this early! :rolleyes:

My sister is due July 18! She already knows she's having a girl--she had to have some chromosomal testing done in the beginning. She already has a boy & this is it for her, so she's thrilled! I think I'm going to be due around October 13, so our kids will be just a few months apart. I'm hoping for another girl this time! DH is wanting a boy.

Congrats and good luck with your (hopefully) girl!

DebbieSAChef said:

Debbie when I had my son, I found out at 16 weeks that he was a boy. A lot of doctor's do not like to do them this early b/c it up the chance of a mistake, but the technician than done my ultrasound told me "if this is not a boy, you can come back on me." Ask them and they will probably check for you, especially if you are getting an ultrasound anyway.

My son's birthday is July 19th - so all of you due in July shoot for his b-day!!!:D

I wish my hubby was ready... :(

DebbieSAChef said:

I will be 16 weeks (4 months) this Friday!!! I still have 6 months to go. The good thing is that I have had all my children at 37 weeks, strange huh?

gilliandanielle said:
I have never made it to 37 weeks either, so I am looking at the end of May...it still seems so far away!!

I tend to carry mine longer and longer each time :rolleyes: !

My first child was 9 days late (over 41 weeks) in the heat of AUGUST !! My second was 2 weeks late (42 weeks), and my last was 2 1/2 weeks late (42 1/2 weeks). Actually, I kept telling my doctor (for my last one) that I was due earlier, and so did 4 out of 5 sonograms, but he said no,no,no.

When she was born the pediatrician said she was about 2 1/2 weeks overdue and that she should not have stayed in there so long. All of her skin was dry and cracked. He hadn't seen one that bad in quite a while, and he has been my kids pediatrician for 16 years.

If my last two pregnancies had not miscarried (Sept. 2005 and Dec.2006) , maybe I could have broken some records, unless you compare them to an elephant's gestation (22 months :eek: ).

I guess it is a good thing I like being pregnant considering I carry them longer.

Last edited:
I started dialating at 32 weeks and was 4cm by 36 weeks. With my daughter I went from 4-10 in 10 mins, so my doc won't let me leave my town after 34 weeks, LOL!

My first child was 9 days late (over 41 weeks) in the heat of AUGUST !! My second was 2 weeks late (42 weeks), and my last was 2 1/2 weeks late (42 1/2 weeks).

My DD was due April 24th. She arrived on May 9th (Mother's Day) and only because the Dr had to go in after her (c-section). No major medical emergency, I just wasn't dialating after 14+ hrs of labor.

I had a friend that was due in June and she had a "preemie". I told her that mine won't come out and hers won't stay in. Valky

My husband and I have been trying for over a year now with not a lot of luck. Though we keep praying and know that someday it will out happen for us as well. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I have tried different natural ideas people have given me and although nothing so far I am a lot healthier than I was previous. All the vitamins are great!! :)

How many children do you have??

I am not sure whom you were asking, but I have 3 children. I had a miscarriage 1989, boy in 1990, boy in 1991, girl in 2003 (while on birth control pill), miscarriage sept. 2005, miscarriage Dec. 2006 (both of these while using birth control, not the pill). Also for the record, this is with the same husband. Most people think I remarried, and then had the 3 year old.

So I really consider myself lucky that I was able to have 3 children. Although I have to admit that the last two miscarriages, were possibly due to my age (over 35).

Good news! Just wanted to share that my neighbor just found out she is expecting. They have been TTC for 6 years...even had fertility treatments a few years ago. This time they succeeded with no outside help. Yea for them!
So keep the faith everyone...me included!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rchamelin
  • pctharper
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jrstephens