• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lecreuset Emile Henry Vs. Pampered Chef Stoneware

I'm not sure what the differences would be, but I used to buy (as a store buyer) and sell EH, and I can tell you that ours is definitely less expensive. Plus, I don't remember anything about an extended warranty period for EH (as compared to our 3 yr stoneware warranty).They do have a lot of specialty baking stones - interesting shapes and sizes - that PC doesn't have. I don't really consider that a negative for PC though. Ours are made for actual cooking use, where alot of the EH is just for show. (At least that was my feeling when selling it.)Any piece that is totally glazed is a very pretty piece of bakeware
myinnerchef
Gold Member
I received a call the other day from a former guest who was interested in buying some stoneware. She asked me to tell her why PC was better than Emile Henry, which is what she usually buys. Besides the obvious (price), my only answer was that EH is glazed on the inside so it isn't a true stoneware piece and isn't comparable (BTW, she ultimately bought the PC stoneware to try).

Has anyone else ever

A. heard of Emile Henry? or
B. fielded a question like this about EH?

Anything else I should know about stoneware to pass along in the future?

~Louise
*~*~*~*~*~*
My job's a party... what's yours like?

I'm not sure what the differences would be, but I used to buy (as a store buyer) and sell EH, and I can tell you that ours is definitely less expensive. Plus, I don't remember anything about an extended warranty period for EH (as compared to our 3 yr stoneware warranty).
They do have a lot of specialty baking stones - interesting shapes and sizes - that PC doesn't have. I don't really consider that a negative for PC though. Ours are made for actual cooking use, where alot of the EH is just for show. (At least that was my feeling when selling it.)

Any piece that is totally glazed is a very pretty piece of bakeware but by keeping the inside and bottom unglazed the stone properties that create the bakery oven (or brick oven) effect in your cooking are preserved. It also allows the piece to season and create a truely non-stick surface. Totally glazed pieces cannot season and therefore need to be oiled every time they are used for as long as they have them.

What kind of warranty do they have? Will they replace it if it chips or breaks while cooking? Our customers have 3 years.

...just a few differences to start.

(I have not seen EH stoneware so these are general answers.)

AND - to borrow a question from another thread - ours is made in the USA!:thumbup:

EH has a 101-year warranty, which pretty much blows ours out of the water so I didn't mention it.

LeCreuset can also be used on the Stovetop as well as in the oven. Vs. our Stoneware which is ONLY oven.

finley1991 said:
LeCreuset can also be used on the Stovetop as well as in the oven. Vs. our Stoneware which is ONLY oven.

http://www.emilehenry.com/others/catalogue/ppat/index.php?id=1

According to this page from the online catalog - it's not supposed to be used with direct heat.....like a stovetop.

I think it depends on which line it's from. There's one with "flame" in the name that is stovetop and broiler safe.

chefann said:
I think it depends on which line it's from. There's one with "flame" in the name that is stovetop and broiler safe.

Yep! Just read that.......The Flame line - it's a specialized line, and really can't be compared to our stoneware.......

My question - what would be the difference between ceramics and stoneware? Because they don't call theirs stoneware, they call it ceramic....?

I think it's partly the type of clay used and partly how it's fired. Like the difference between "plain" ceramic and porcelain.

My mom has "cookware" from Princess House that's glass ceramic, and is stovetop safe. (Don't get me started on that... I'm going to give her my Professional cookware when I finish my kitchen - I'm getting myself the Exec. from Sept. host specials.)

I think we're comparing apples to oranges. Neither EH or LC are true "stonware" in that both are enamel coated so there is no seasoning, no way for the moisture to be drawn away from the cooking surface (which is what we can offer with our unglazed interiors)

You ladies are awesome!

If I 'convert' her, I'm pretty sure I'll have a customer for life!

~Louise
*~*~*~*~*~*
My job's a party... what's yours like?

Related to Lecreuset Emile Henry Vs. Pampered Chef Stoneware

What is the main difference between Lecreuset Emile Henry and Pampered Chef Stoneware?

The main difference between Lecreuset Emile Henry and Pampered Chef Stoneware is the material they are made of. Lecreuset Emile Henry is made of high-fired ceramic, while Pampered Chef Stoneware is made of natural stoneware. This difference in material affects the durability, heat retention, and overall performance of the cookware.

Which brand offers better heat distribution?

Both Lecreuset Emile Henry and Pampered Chef Stoneware offer excellent heat distribution. However, Lecreuset Emile Henry is known for its superior heat retention, which means your food will stay hot for longer periods of time even after being removed from the oven.

Are both brands safe to use in the oven?

Yes, both Lecreuset Emile Henry and Pampered Chef Stoneware are safe to use in the oven. They are both designed to withstand high heat and can be used in temperatures up to 500°F. Just be sure to follow the specific care instructions for each brand to ensure the longevity of your cookware.

Which brand is easier to clean?

Both Lecreuset Emile Henry and Pampered Chef Stoneware are relatively easy to clean. However, some users have reported that Pampered Chef Stoneware can be a bit more difficult to clean due to its porous nature. Lecreuset Emile Henry, on the other hand, has a smooth non-stick glaze that makes cleaning a breeze.

Which brand is more durable?

Both Lecreuset Emile Henry and Pampered Chef Stoneware are known for their durability. However, Lecreuset Emile Henry is slightly more resistant to chipping and cracking due to its high-fired ceramic material. Pampered Chef Stoneware, while still durable, may be more prone to cracking if not properly cared for.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shawnna
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies