• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover 'Rock the Reception' on TLC: A Fun Twist on Wedding First Dances!

In summary, this show is really cute, and I wish we would have done something like it at our wedding. I am going to watch the first few episodes and see if there are any other useful tips I can share.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Has anyone heard of this show? It's on TLC and it's about couples who do "surprise" first dances at their wedding receptions....like that one youtube couple! I just watched the first 15 minutes of it, and I am taping it so I can watch it later. It looks really cute!

Just tuned in...very cute. My DH and I never could have pulled that off! At our reception, DH and his groomsmen did their version of "Riverdance" as a gag though...kind of silly, but pretty funny, too!

They are pretty funny - haven't seen the show, but I've seen several "knock-offs" on youtube. We got married 12 years ago on Sunday, and we shocked everyone by taking ballroom dance lessons and doing a completely choreographed dance to our wedding song "When I Fall In Love".

I am watching it right now and it is frickin' hilarious! Could you imagine being a guest at a wedding that they would do this? - I would be shocked. What a cool idea....

sklay723 said:
Just tuned in...very cute. My DH and I never could have pulled that off! At our reception, DH and his groomsmen did their version of "Riverdance" as a gag though...kind of silly, but pretty funny, too!

I missed the show, but I just had to pipe in with this. The men in my wedding wore kilts, and not only did they do a version of Riverdance, but at one point the DJ called them all out onto the dance floor to dance to a "special" song, and put on "I'm too Sexy!" The entire hall was hysterical watching them dance! :)

jbachen said:
I missed the show, but I just had to pipe in with this. The men in my wedding wore kilts, and not only did they do a version of Riverdance, but at one point the DJ called them all out onto the dance floor to dance to a "special" song, and put on "I'm too Sexy!" The entire hall was hysterical watching them dance! :)

That had to be hilarious!

I would have looooved to have done this at my wedding. It looked like so much fun. It's a cute show and I hope they put on more episodes.

My husband Hates Rod Stewert because he married Rachel Hunter (my husband's dream girl!), so at our wedding reception, I had it planned, our first song was Don't you think I'm sexy by Rod Stewart. I lip syced it to him and danced funny. Everyone had a good laugh.

I wish I would have been that creative for our wedding. My DH did surprise me though. During the garter toss, he came out with a big black bag. He proceeded to put a miner's light and hard hat on and then had his friend help him put on rubber gloves that went to his elbows. He pulled out a pair of tongs and started to "search" for the garter. He pretended to pull out a rubber chicken and other gag items. The whole reception hall was full of laughter (especially from me :))

Hadn't heard of it. We didn't have anything funny really, but I surprised my DH with the song choice. He was expecting one (that was very appropriate for the occasion, but didn't mean anything special to us). Instead, I switched it to one that we listened to when we were first dating and he was SO happy. Only a few people even realized the significance, but it was really special. It was actually our very first dance too (and we'd been together for 6 years by then!). 10 years later and it still gives me goosebumps.The funny came during the dollar dance when all of his brothers (he has 5) along with his sisters (has 5 of those too) were in HIS line!! I had one guy...but they came over soon enough. They were trying to embarrass their little brother but he was too happy to care and went with it.

It's those things we remember most. For me, after 16 years (Aug.1), we still laugh when that song comes on the radio. We still tease my brother in law, best man, for his toast. He was holding two glasses of sparkling cider, one for the groom and one for the bride. He was suppose to say a toast, cling the glasses, and pass the glass to me for us to cross arms and drink. Instead, he clinged with the groom and they crossed arms and drank. The photographer caught my horrid expression perfectly! "No one told me what I was suppose to do.", my brother in law continues to tell us.

Related to Discover 'Rock the Reception' on TLC: A Fun Twist on Wedding First Dances!

1. What is "Rock the Reception" on TLC all about?

"Rock the Reception" is a reality show on TLC that showcases unique and creative first dances at weddings. The show features couples who want to surprise their guests with a fun and unexpected dance routine, with the help of professional choreographers.

2. How can I watch "Rock the Reception" on TLC?

You can watch "Rock the Reception" on TLC by tuning in to the channel on your cable or satellite provider. You can also stream full episodes on TLC's website or on the TLC Go app.

3. Can anyone participate in "Rock the Reception" on TLC?

Yes, anyone can apply to be on "Rock the Reception" on TLC. However, the show typically features couples who have a unique story or want to incorporate a special theme into their first dance.

4. How can I apply to be on "Rock the Reception" on TLC?

To apply for "Rock the Reception" on TLC, you can visit the TLC website and fill out an application form. The form will ask for basic information about you and your partner, as well as details about your wedding and your dance ideas.

5. How can I incorporate "Rock the Reception" ideas into my own wedding?

If you're looking to add a fun and unique element to your first dance, you can take inspiration from "Rock the Reception" and work with a professional choreographer to create a memorable routine. You can also incorporate elements like props, costumes, and special effects to make your dance stand out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Karen
  • pamperedcheermom