• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DH's Birthday Chili Extravaganza: A Recap with Beckyd

In summary, the party was exhausting but still fun. DH got lots of special birthday presents and his family helped out a lot.
chefann
Gold Member
How was your DH's birthday? The chili extravaganza... Or has it not happened yet?

It was EXHAUSTING!

But it was a lot of fun.

We had Red Chili, and White Chicken Chili....and salad, cornbread, cheese, sour cream, salsa, and chips on the side.

Hot Spiced Cider and Coffee (cold cider for the kids)

White Cake with choco. mousse filling and Chocolate Buttercream frosting
Carrot Cake with apricot mousse filling and Cream Cheese frosting

(and thanks for letting me know I could freeze it - we have some of both in the freezer right now!)

It was fun to see friends we hadn't seen in a while - and DH's family really stepped up to the plate with helping me get the place decorated, and set up, and then also helping me clean up. DH got paged as the party was ending - and had to go into work (how convenient, since that's where the party was!) and ended up being there dealing with a water leak until 12:30am. So, for him, not the best ending to the party...but he still had fun.

Our niece, who is 18 and very creative, made him a picture board....going through the years and doing groups of pictures and giving them great headings....it was really cute - and so much better than anything I could have ever done.

I told DH we should just save it for his funeral now.:D He didn't see the humor in that.:confused:

Sounds like a blast!And I'm with you - keep the board and just update it with the next 50 years instead of starting from scratch. :)

Hey Becky... I wanna join your family- it sounds like fun. Maybe you can be my favorite Aunt. I presently have an opening for that position! :) ;) (How is your back today?)

Kitchen Diva said:
Hey Becky... I wanna join your family- it sounds like fun. Maybe you can be my favorite Aunt. I presently have an opening for that position! :) ;) (How is your back today?)

Ummm, how about older cousin? Either that, or I am your mother's MUCH younger sister.

I'm on the couch right now with an ice pack. I over did it earlier trying to get some housework done - and now it hurts. Micah has been playing Dr. all over me though. He gave me 10 shots, and told me that the asthma in my legs looks like its getting much better.:D

Do you want to come make me dinner for my birthday? :D

Hathery said:
Do you want to come make me dinner for my birthday? :D

Hey - I have some great vegetarian recipes! I used to cook for a couple who were vegetarian...and their favorite was a Vegetarian Enchilada recipe. It's very interesting - the filling is a mixture of corn, mushrooms, onion, zucchini, sweet potato, crushed tortilla chips, and cheese. They are so yummy, that people who aren't vegetarian love them too!
That would make a great Birthday dinner!

Asthma in the legs....There's a new one. Tell Micah that my kids still remember him and the acorns. They brought it up last night.

JAE said:
Asthma in the legs....There's a new one. Tell Micah that my kids still remember him and the acorns. They brought it up last night.

I just told him...and he got a big grin on his face and said "ooookay....but does Miss Jill still know me too?"

You're lucky DH likes to celebrate birthdays, mine wishes they didn't exist.

janetupnorth said:
You're lucky DH likes to celebrate birthdays, mine wishes they didn't exist.

He LOVES family traditions. He loves Birthdays, Anniversaries, All other Holidays. He loves getting together with friends and family - and saves every card he receives for every occasion.

He is a mystery to most people. One of my good friends, at his party, made that comment that he is always surprising her. Just when you think you know how he works...he changes the rules again.

ChefBeckyD said:
I just told him...and he got a big grin on his face and said "ooookay....but does Miss Jill still know me too?"
Tell him of course I know him, and then give him a hug and tell him it's from me. Or, you can tickle him and tell him it's from me.

ChefBeckyD said:
Ummm, how about older cousin? Either that, or I am your mother's MUCH younger sister.

I'm on the couch right now with an ice pack. I over did it earlier trying to get some housework done - and now it hurts. Micah has been playing Dr. all over me though. He gave me 10 shots, and told me that the asthma in my legs looks like its getting much better.:D

Oh my goodness! You need to write that one down to put in a scrapbook! I love it when kids are tooooooo cute like that! Glad he's doctoring you and lovin on you! Hope your back feels better soon!

Glad the party went well...everything sounds like it was VERY YUMMY!

Related to DH's Birthday Chili Extravaganza: A Recap with Beckyd

1. What is "Hey, Beckyd! Dh's B'day"?

"Hey, Beckyd! Dh's B'day" is a popular Pampered Chef product that includes a set of kitchen tools and recipe ideas to help make birthday celebrations easier and more special.

2. What does "Dh" stand for?

"Dh" stands for "dear husband", a term of endearment often used by Pampered Chef consultants and customers.

3. Can I purchase "Hey, Beckyd! Dh's B'day" as a gift for someone else?

Yes, "Hey, Beckyd! Dh's B'day" makes a great gift for anyone who loves to cook or entertain. You can purchase it for a friend or family member and have it shipped directly to them.

4. What kitchen tools are included in "Hey, Beckyd! Dh's B'day"?

The "Hey, Beckyd! Dh's B'day" set includes a mini serving spatula, mini serving tongs, mini serving spoon, mini serving fork, and a mini serving knife. These tools are perfect for serving up birthday treats and desserts.

5. Are there any recipes included in "Hey, Beckyd! Dh's B'day"?

Yes, "Hey, Beckyd! Dh's B'day" comes with recipe ideas for birthday treats and desserts, as well as tips for decorating and serving them. You can also find more recipe ideas on our website or through your Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
SLDOWDY1978
Replies
Views
3RingChef