• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some unique holiday card-gift ideas for hosts?

In summary, the conversation is about different ideas for sending out holiday cards to past hosts and preferred customers. The main advice is to be mindful of different holidays and to use generic cards to avoid offending anyone. Other suggestions include using recipe cards, calendars, or mini cookbooks as holiday greetings. Some consultants also share where to purchase these items.
heat123
Silver Member
Hi all, I was just wondering if you do anything special besides sending out holiday cards to past hosts and perhaps preferred customers?

Thanks for any replies!

Ps. For my New year potential bookings I thought to send cards to them as well to keep your name infront of them as a reminder for their upcoming show!

A little error I made....That I do not want anyone else to make.

When you send out holiday cards make sure they are just that. Plain Generic cards. HAPPY HOLIDAYS with no depiction of Christmas, Hanukka or Kwanza or whatever else may be out there.
4 years ago I sent out Christmas cards to all my past hosts. I was so excited about this and even put a $5 "gift card" into each one.
Well, I got two extrememly negative letters back from two of my hosts.
It never dawned on me that maybe someone in my list did not celebrate Christmas. STUPID! STUPID!! STUPID!!!

I have never heard from either of those hosts again. One was a $700 plus and the other was a $800 plus host too.

So learn from my error. Never assume the holidays are the same as yours.

pampered1224 said:
That I do not want anyone else to make.

When you send out holiday cards make sure they are just that. Plain Generic cards. HAPPY HOLIDAYS with no depiction of Christmas, Hanukka or Kwanza or whatever else may be out there. <SNIP>

That is great advice.

I bought the PC holiday cards from Merrill and they have the prepbowl snowman on front that says "Holiday Greetings" and blank inside.

That's too bad, it was a very nice gesture on your part with the gift cards too!

I bought refrigerator calendar magnets from magnetstreet.com which will allow me to stick my card to them. I believe they come with envelopes.

heat123:
I checked out the snowman cards, they are really cute. I like the idea of the recipe that comes with it as a "gift". One question, is the recipe on the back side of the picture with room to write on the bottom?

It's actually on the back side of the card so you have a full card page inside to write a message.

Thanks for the info!

Nancy's Artworks has a nice Thanksgiving postcard. If you mail something for Thanksgiving, it won't be lost in the holiday mess, you'll stand out in the recipient's mind, and you can tie it in with "I'm thankful for your business." And maybe it will result in an order for holiday gifts.

cheffann
thats a great idea b/c people get soo many x-mas cards and usually none for thanksgiving so they would spend more time reading it and have time to think about it, with the x-mas cards you are opening maybe 2 or 3 a day and they just all kinda run together.
thanks
amber
pampered chef consultant #495750

cmdtrgd said:
I bought refrigerator calendar magnets from magnetstreet.com which will allow me to stick my card to them. I believe they come with envelopes.

Thanks for giving this info!! The past 2 years I've given out magnetic calendars to my preferred customers & past hosts & they have LOVED them:) But, I'd bought them from Town & Country which we no longer buy from. I've had people bummed out when I've told them I can't get them anymore.

What do you write on the inside of the card? Do you simply say happy holidays, or something about booking and buying?

Season's bestMy director had a great idea about using the Season's best as a greeting card to send out to people for the holidays. Greeting cards usually go in the drawer or in the trash, but these little cookbooks will be a great surprise. Who wouldn't want a 32 page cookbook with PC recipes??
You could write a little something on the front cover, put in a business card and offer any incentive you want also.
I thought this was a great idea and since we get these for only 60 cents, what a deal!!!

Debbie :D

I can't find the snowman on the merrill website...help!

lacychef said:
Thanks for giving this info!! The past 2 years I've given out magnetic calendars to my preferred customers & past hosts & they have LOVED them:) But, I'd bought them from Town & Country which we no longer buy from. I've had people bummed out when I've told them I can't get them anymore.

You can still get them. Just go to Town & Country's site. http://www.TownAndCountryPrinting.com/business.html

Who do you consider preferred customers? I plan on getting these for past hosts, but not sure how many customers to give them to.

pampered1224 said:
That I do not want anyone else to make.

When you send out holiday cards make sure they are just that. Plain Generic cards. HAPPY HOLIDAYS with no depiction of Christmas, Hanukka or Kwanza or whatever else may be out there.
4 years ago I sent out Christmas cards to all my past hosts. I was so excited about this and even put a $5 "gift card" into each one.
Well, I got two extrememly negative letters back from two of my hosts.
It never dawned on me that maybe someone in my list did not celebrate Christmas. STUPID! STUPID!! STUPID!!!

I have never heard from either of those hosts again. One was a $700 plus and the other was a $800 plus host too.

This is a VERY important opint to remember. I lost TWO members of my team las tholiday season because my upline director ran the meeting in November and was telling everyone to talk abotu "Christmas this and Christmas that" at their shows to boost sales. And I pointed out that they really should say "The Holidays this and The Holidays that" rather than Christmas...as many of our guests (and the two consultants who ultimately quit) celebrate holidays other than Christmas. Well, my upine director went OFF about how she loves Jesus Christ and refuses to tiptoe around other people's feelings when she wants to shout frmo a mountaintop about her love for Jesus, blah blah blah. Within 3 days, the two consultants who attended that meeting sent me (and her) a very curt email about WHY they wanted nothing to do with this business and HER team.

So yeah gang...be aware of other people and their personal beilefs...and try to respect them. It's bad enough to lose customers...but I lost two consultants over this.

Ann- I looked for the thanksgiving cards at nancy's but couldn't find them.. did you get them this year? i thought the advice you gave was great and wanted to follow it :) thanks~tiffany p

It's too badyou weren't able to talk with them and let them know not everyone feels the same as your upline director. I too am very pro Christmas, but have to remember when doing shows that every is not. It's sad and Im sorry you had to go through this.

dannyzmom said:
This is a VERY important opint to remember. I lost TWO members of my team las tholiday season because my upline director ran the meeting in November and was telling everyone to talk abotu "Christmas this and Christmas that" at their shows to boost sales. And I pointed out that they really should say "The Holidays this and The Holidays that" rather than Christmas...as many of our guests (and the two consultants who ultimately quit) celebrate holidays other than Christmas. Well, my upine director went OFF about how she loves Jesus Christ and refuses to tiptoe around other people's feelings when she wants to shout frmo a mountaintop about her love for Jesus, blah blah blah. Within 3 days, the two consultants who attended that meeting sent me (and her) a very curt email about WHY they wanted nothing to do with this business and HER team.

So yeah gang...be aware of other people and their personal beilefs...and try to respect them. It's bad enough to lose customers...but I lost two consultants over this.

I love that the Merrill cards have the recipe on the back so they can keep the card for that purpose! But Ann that is a great idea too about Thanksgiving and how it would make you stand out as a professional consultant!

pamperedgirl3 said:
You can still get them. Just go to Town & Country's site. http://www.TownAndCountryPrinting.com/business.html

Who do you consider preferred customers? I plan on getting these for past hosts, but not sure how many customers to give them to.

I consider preferred customers if they attend lots of my shows or order frequently. Those that spend $60 or more; or if they come & order at several shows, I don't really look at how much they spend. You know, just loyal customers:) My hosts are preferred customers also.

Chef Diane said:
you weren't able to talk with them and let them know not everyone feels the same as your upline director. I too am very pro Christmas, but have to remember when doing shows that every is not. It's sad and Im sorry you had to go through this.

I was able to...but it was useless. They were so upset and put-off by her outburst they wanted nothing to do with any of us anymore. I really stunk.

Related to What are some unique holiday card-gift ideas for hosts?

What are the benefits of giving holiday card-gifts to hosts?

Holiday card-gifts are a thoughtful way to show appreciation for your hosts and thank them for their hospitality. They are also a great way to spread holiday cheer and add a personal touch to your gift-giving.

What are some popular holiday card-gifts for hosts?

Some popular holiday card-gifts for hosts include kitchen gadgets and tools, gourmet food items, cookbooks, and personalized items such as aprons or cutting boards. These gifts are both practical and festive, making them perfect for the holiday season.

How can I customize my holiday card-gift for a specific host?

You can customize your holiday card-gift by considering the host's interests and preferences. For example, if they are a foodie, you could give them a gourmet food basket. If they love to cook, you could give them a new kitchen gadget or cookbook. Adding a personal touch to the gift shows that you put thought into it.

Can I purchase holiday card-gifts in bulk for multiple hosts?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers bulk ordering for our holiday card-gifts. This is a convenient option if you have multiple hosts to thank, such as for a holiday party or family gathering. Our bulk ordering also comes with a discount, making it a cost-effective choice.

How can I ensure my holiday card-gifts for hosts arrive on time?

To ensure your holiday card-gifts arrive on time, we recommend placing your order at least 2 weeks in advance. This allows for processing and shipping time. You can also choose expedited shipping options for an additional fee. We also offer the option to send your gift directly to the recipient for added convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
ChefKelebel
  • Stephanie S
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies