• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Protecting Your Floor Coverings: Tips for Clean Freaks and Event Hosts

thinks the vinyl tablecloth might be slick, so the hosts might want to consider using a drop cloth instead.
cwinter474
Gold Member
I have a lady, who has a clean freak husband. Everytime she has a show he insists that I put down a shower curtain, or drop cloth down to protect their carpet and tile.

Anyone else have do to this?

Oh gosh no. Why not try doing it outside then?? What a hassle and the guests must think its weird too===

Heeehee...we get em all, don't we?

But, no...I have never had that happen to me!

I had that happen once. The host had just gotten new carpet. She thought we were going to do the demo in the kitchen which would have been fine if it had been bigger than a closet. There was no way we were all going to fit in there. She set towels out all over the floor for me.

My director has a note in her host letter telling hosts that it is totally fine if they want to put down a drop cloth because spills do occasionaly happen. I see nothing wrong woth someone wanting to protect their carpet.

Also reassure them we have ins. for this kind of thing.

I've never had to do this. Seems kind of odd, but it's not my floor...

I hope the host's husband supplies the drop cloth or shower curtain - mine aren't particularly clean ;0

This is a great idea - I should bring my own "toddler drop cloth" from when my kids were little (you know, the one you put under the high chair to catch the food, but they still seem to throw it on the floor?!) ;). I'm such a slob and I'm always dropping food on the floor, and then feel really bad. I'll have to ask about this from now on. THanks for bringing it up! :)

Most of the guest already know the husband and his quirks. Yes he supplies the cloth. I am thinking of taking an older PC tablecloth and using it. Really isn't a bad idea. I would think the vinyl might be slick???

Thanks for the input.

Carol

The toddler under the high chair matts are great. We got ours from Babies R Us. We had carpet under our dinning table when the kids were younger & I hated it. The matt was a life saver.

Never had a host ask me to put something down; however, my last host followed me around with a towel rubbing down anything I got near. It almost drove me crazy. She then put a bunch of paper towels under my demo table and told me to just use my foot to wipe up anything I dropped. OK.

Would have been ok if I was actually making a mess, but she'd wipe things when I hadn't even dropped anything. Can we say neat freak!

I am thinking of taking an older PC tablecloth and using it

OOH....the vinyl tablecloth would be perfect for this. I even have an old one with the old chicken logo on it! Great Idea!!!!

Do you think the vinyl might me slick? The last thing we want to do is fall during a show.

What do you think?

Carol

Related to Protecting Your Floor Coverings: Tips for Clean Freaks and Event Hosts

1. What types of floor coverings does Pampered Chef offer?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of floor coverings including rugs, mats, and floor runners in different sizes, materials, and designs.

2. Are Pampered Chef floor coverings easy to clean?

Yes, our floor coverings are designed to be easy to clean. Most of them are machine washable, and others can be easily spot cleaned with a damp cloth.

3. Do Pampered Chef floor coverings have non-slip backing?

Yes, our floor coverings have a non-slip backing to help prevent them from sliding or bunching up on hard floors.

4. Can Pampered Chef floor coverings be used on all types of flooring?

Our floor coverings are suitable for use on most types of flooring, including hardwood, tile, and laminate. However, we recommend checking the product details for specific information on the best use and care instructions.

5. Are there any special care instructions for Pampered Chef floor coverings?

The care instructions may vary depending on the material of the floor covering. However, most of them can be easily machine washed or spot cleaned. We recommend avoiding the use of harsh chemicals or bleach when cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsara
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies