• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Long-Distance Travel for Anime Conventions - Tips and Tricks!

a gift? For the hotel demo, I would stick to chips and salsa. You can make your own salsa right in the batter bowl and serve it with chips you buy at the store. If you bring the extra large cutting board, you can make the antipasto pizza using a Boboli crust if those are available in the local grocery stores and then just talk about how awesome it would be if you made your own crust on the stone. For the show at the friend's house - can you find a director in the area and ask if they'd be willing to loan you some stoneware for that one show? If you can make the cinnamon chips ahead of time, bring those
chefmelody
What would you all recommend to do for a show that's out of state, where I'd be flying to get to it? I'm going to a couple of anime conventions this year, and my friends all want to see my PC stuff. I figured I could do a little demo in the hotel suite for one of them... and the other, we're all heading to a friend's house for a few days afterwards, and she wants me to do a show there.

So, what do you all think I should bring/make? I was thinking of the salad chopper, garlic press, utility knife, cutting board and small batter bowl for some salsa. I'd still be worried about the batter bowl breaking in my suitcase on the plane, though. :( I'd like to make homemade chips too, but I know I wouldn't want to bring any stones... stupid 50lb weight limit on Southwest airlines! (And I wouldn't want to risk breaking a stone either!)

For the hotel demo, I would stick to chips and salsa. You can make your own salsa right in the batter bowl and serve it with chips you buy at the store. If you bring the extra large cutting board, you can make the antipasto pizza using a Boboli crust if those are available in the local grocery stores and then just talk about how awesome it would be if you made your own crust on the stone.

If you can make the cinnamon chips ahead of time, bring those with and explain how you made them and then make the cannoli dip and slice some strawberries.

For the show at the friend's house - can you find a director in the area and ask if they'd be willing to loan you some stoneware for that one show? Or if you reveal where you're travelling to, maybe one of the consultants here can help you out.

Do your friends have an PC stuff you can use like the batter bowl and stones?
All my travel is within driving distance (still 9 hours), so I can pack the trunk. But to keep my from taking more then I want or can handle I ask friends and family to donate for the 1 or 2 shows I might have while I'm visiting...

Hi, I did a show in Anchorage, AK when I was visiting my brother & sister in law. I'm in TN so I flew obviously. My SIL got in touch with a consultant there and she was so nice to lend me all the products we needed for SIL's show. It worked out great! I only brought my catalogs, order forms & etc. So maybe you or your friend could get in touch with one of the consultant there. Just a thought.

Which anime cons you going to? Anime Expo? Otakon?
I am a big, overgrown anime fan myself. (Lol, unless you are taking your kids.)

sailortena said:
Which anime cons you going to? Anime Expo? Otakon?
I am a big, overgrown anime fan myself. (Lol, unless you are taking your kids.)

Eee, another PC anime fan! :D I'm going to Sakuracon in Seattle and Anime Central in Chicago. Just got done with Naka-kon here in KC. And no, no kids yet, just me and my geekiness. DH doesn't even go with. :rolleyes: (He likes anime too, but doesn't understand why I'd want to go hang out with thousands of people I don't know, LOL.)

The one in Chicago is where I'll be driving to my friend's house in Lafayette, IN, to do a show at her house. We're all piling in a mini-van that we're renting.

chefmelody said:
What would you all recommend to do for a show that's out of state, where I'd be flying to get to it? I'm going to a couple of anime conventions this year, and my friends all want to see my PC stuff. I figured I could do a little demo in the hotel suite for one of them... and the other, we're all heading to a friend's house for a few days afterwards, and she wants me to do a show there.

So, what do you all think I should bring/make? I was thinking of the salad chopper, garlic press, utility knife, cutting board and small batter bowl for some salsa. I'd still be worried about the batter bowl breaking in my suitcase on the plane, though. :( I'd like to make homemade chips too, but I know I wouldn't want to bring any stones... stupid 50lb weight limit on Southwest airlines! (And I wouldn't want to risk breaking a stone either!)

You could have the friend you'll be doing the show for buy a stone in advance, this way it will be there waiting for you...then if you want after the show give it to her as a gift....:cool:

chefmelody said:

Do you have the stainless steel bowls? If so use the small one of those instead of the batter bowl - lighter and not breakable.

tlennhoff said:
Do you have the stainless steel bowls? If so use the small one of those instead of the batter bowl - lighter and not breakable.

Oooh, a very good idea! I do have those, I just keep forgetting about them because I use my batter bowls so much. :p

FYI - The Chicago show is actually out near the airport, which is well away from downtown but very close to my house. If you're coming back to fly out of O'Hare, you're welcome to borrow any of my stones. But I like Ginger's idea too.

myinnerchef said:
FYI - The Chicago show is actually out near the airport, which is well away from downtown but very close to my house. If you're coming back to fly out of O'Hare, you're welcome to borrow any of my stones. But I like Ginger's idea too.

The hotel for the convention is like, 5 minutes from O'Hare. I might take you up on that offer! I'd love to make a really good recipe for my friends, and my suitcase is going to be heavy enough with an air mattress and stuff.

I'm from the Chicago suburbs and I'm visiting my Mom & Dad in Florida this week. I brought the trifle bowl (packed in the luggage) to make the lime berry trifle and it traveled just fine - I packed it in the large cookware bag and had clothes all around it.

I am sure your batter bowl would survive and the salsa thing sounds like a good idea for at the hotel.

Val

I'm sorry but what is anime?

heather

Morvin said:
I'm sorry but what is anime?

Ha, sorry, I know it's not a term everyone would know. It's Japanese animation shows. Some that you might have heard of are things like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragonball Z, etc. Spirited Away is an anime move, and it won an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature two years ago.

Go into any video store and find the anime section, you'll be surprised! Or just watch Cartoon Network from about 8pm-1am on Saturday. :D

Related to Maximizing Your Long-Distance Travel for Anime Conventions - Tips and Tricks!

What are some tips for staying organized while traveling long-distance?

1. Make a packing list: Create a list of all the essential items you need to bring with you on your trip. This will help you stay organized and prevent you from forgetting anything important.

2. Use packing cubes: These small, zippered bags are great for keeping your clothes and other items organized in your suitcase. You can separate items by category, making it easier to find what you need.

3. Keep important documents in one place: Make sure to keep all your travel documents, such as passports and boarding passes, in a designated folder or pouch. This will prevent them from getting lost or misplaced.

4. Use technology to your advantage: Take advantage of travel apps and websites that can help you plan and organize your trip. You can also use your phone to store digital copies of important documents.

5. Pack strategically: Place items that you will need during your journey, such as a change of clothes or toiletries, on top of your suitcase for easy access. This will save you from having to dig through your suitcase during your trip.

How can I make long-distance travel more comfortable?

1. Dress comfortably: Wear loose, breathable clothing and choose shoes that are comfortable for walking. This will make a long flight or car ride more bearable.

2. Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water before and during your trip to prevent dehydration and fatigue.

3. Bring a travel pillow and blanket: These items can make a big difference in your comfort level during long journeys.

4. Take breaks: If you're driving, make sure to take frequent breaks to stretch your legs and prevent stiffness.

5. Bring entertainment: Whether it's a book, music, or a movie, having something to keep you entertained can make the time go by faster.

What are some ways to save money while traveling long-distance?

1. Book in advance: By booking your flights, hotels, and rental cars ahead of time, you can often find better deals and save money.

2. Use public transportation: Instead of renting a car or taking taxis, opt for public transportation to save money on transportation costs.

3. Stay in budget accommodations: Consider staying in hostels or Airbnb rentals instead of expensive hotels to save money on accommodations.

4. Pack your own snacks: Bringing your own snacks and drinks can save you from having to buy expensive food at the airport or on the road.

5. Research free activities: Look for free activities and attractions in the places you're visiting to save money on entertainment.

What should I do to prepare for a long-distance trip?

1. Make a travel itinerary: Plan out your trip and make a detailed itinerary to ensure you don't miss any important activities or reservations.

2. Check for travel advisories: Before your trip, make sure to check for any travel advisories or restrictions in the places you plan to visit.

3. Arrange transportation and accommodations: Book your flights, rental cars, and accommodations in advance to ensure you have a place to stay and a way to get around.

4. Get necessary vaccinations: If you're traveling to a foreign country, make sure to check if you need any vaccinations and get them before your trip.

5. Pack appropriately: Make sure to pack for the weather and any specific activities you have planned. Also, don't forget to pack essentials like medication and chargers for your electronic devices.

How can I stay safe while traveling long-distance?

1. Research your destination: Before your trip, research the safety and security of the places you plan to visit.

2. Keep important documents safe: Make copies of your passport and other important documents and keep them in a separate location from the originals.

3. Be aware of your surroundings: Pay attention to your surroundings and trust your instincts if you feel unsafe.

4. Avoid carrying large sums of cash: Use credit cards or traveler's checks instead of carrying large amounts of cash.

5. Stay in touch with loved ones: Make sure to let your loved ones know your travel plans and check in with them regularly during your trip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedPrincess02
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • emiscookin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies