• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Layla's Show Disaster: How Can I Salvage It?

In summary, the author had an accident while cooking and had to leave the show early. She is looking for ways to salvage the show. She offers a free finger guard or % off knives to anyone who books a show with her.
laylaleigh
ok...i had an accident @ my show this morning!!!! i was dicing tomatoes and cut a chunck off of my thumb!!!!!!!!! I am so cautious in the kitchen, i can't believe this happened to me! I had to leave my show and go to the urgent care. where i proceeded to wait for over an hr. for them to bandage my thumb!

i was so excited for this show. there were a lot of guests and i was hoping for high sales and BOOKINGS!

how can i salvage this show? the guests stayed and finished the recipe and took catalogs/order forms home to fill out. i have everyone's email address. i was thinking of running a special. here is where i need help.

if you have any ideas please let me know. m/b free finger guard for all orders over xyz, or % off knives. i need something good as an incentive to book. i am afraid people won't want me to come and goof again. i am just getting started and want to say that i am not usually like this.

i figured i would include some knife tips. there is more to the day long drama, i will update you later. i am typing w/ one hand, so this took a long time to explain.

thanks!!
layla

m/b free finger guard for all orders over xyz, or % off knives.

This sounds like a way to put a positive spin on it. People realize accidents happen.
Ouch!

So sorry this happened. I don't think I'd offer an incentive. It will cost you too much. Accidents happen. See if you can get phone numbers to contact everyone who was there. Then you can talk people through their order and answer questions.

Don't offer an incentive - you'll probably do better than you would have without the injury - you have the "sympathy incentive" working for you.

Ouch! Did you need stitches?

I cut myself tonight too (while setting up) but was able to stay and do the show. Just got a bandaid from the host. :)

I wouldn't offer a special either. Maybe give everyone a free Season's Best or something if anything (add them to the host's order).

OUCH!! :eek: I feel so bad for you!
If you have a good host, she should have orders for you! People SHOULD understand, so I would not give anything extra.

Good Luck!!!:)

OUCH!!!! I hope it doesn't still hurt. I think most people understand "Accidents".
You shouldn't have to offer something special for that.

DebbieJ said:
Ouch! Did you need stitches?

no stitches, there wasn't anything they could reattach or close up. they put some foam stuff on to seal the wound and then rolled it w/ gauze.

thank you for the advice. i will probably add a SB for everyone. i do want to send an email though. i don't have their phone numbers.

any verbage suggestions?

Definitely spin it to your advantage. You could offer to book 'safety shows' emphasizing our products not only how strong and sharp they are but also the safety features and products we offer to safeguard ourselves from them! I think it sounds like a great opportunity for you, if you let it be. ;) Use your story to your advantage! The fact that the guests stayed says a lot about them and perhaps YOU! Let's face it, they're not likely to forget you or what you do.

My sympathies though for you though. My eldest niece took off the tip of her finger with pruners once and found herself driving herself and her kids to the hospital without freaking out! Not fun and very painful by her accounts.

Related to Layla's Show Disaster: How Can I Salvage It?

1. How can I save my burnt dish from Layla's show?

If the dish is only slightly burnt, you can try scraping off the burnt parts and serving the rest. If the dish is completely burnt, you can try disguising it as a new dish by adding toppings or presenting it in a different way.

2. Is there a way to fix a dish if I added too much salt during Layla's show?

If the dish is too salty, you can try diluting it by adding more of the other ingredients or serving it with a side dish that is not salty. You can also try balancing out the saltiness with a sweet or acidic ingredient.

3. My dish is undercooked, what can I do?

If the dish is undercooked, you can try finishing it in the oven or on the stove for a few more minutes. If it is a dish that cannot be cooked any further, you can try cutting it into smaller pieces and cooking it in a pan or in the microwave.

4. Can I still salvage a dish if I accidentally used the wrong ingredient during Layla's show?

It depends on the ingredient and the dish. If the ingredient is not a major component of the dish, you can try picking it out or scraping it off. If the dish is ruined because of the wrong ingredient, you can try making a new dish with the remaining ingredients or starting over completely.

5. What should I do if I forgot to add an important ingredient during Layla's show?

If the dish is still cooking, you can try adding the ingredient in now. If the dish is already done, you can try sprinkling the ingredient on top or mixing it in after the fact. You can also serve the dish with a sauce or topping that contains the missing ingredient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • schel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rennea
  • HockeyLover