• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Respond to the Statement Pampered Chef is so Expensive?

In summary, Anne says that the vast majority of Pampered Chef's products are under $20 and that this is an affordable price for anyone, even if they have more month than money. She recommends that people look through the catalog to see what is the cheapest thing in it and that she uses her own personal story to illustrate this.
hoosierchef
I get so frustrated when someone quips, "Pampered Chef is so Expensive." :mad:

I just get flustered then can't come up with a quick come-back to counter that statement. This has sometimes cost me a show.

I'm just wondering how everyone else responds to this. I'm sure everyone has heard it a time or two. I just need good verbage to practice.

Thanks!!

My standard response is:

Well, that's true if you're comparing Pampered Chef products with what you think you can buy at Wal-Mart. However, if you compare our products to truly comparable products at William Sonoma, Sur la Table, and the like, you'll find that we are actually quite reasonable. Also, we have a great warranty program. Ever try taking a broken product back to Wal-Mart or the dollar store after you've had it for 6 months? Pampered Chef is worth every penny.

I just say that 66% of PC catalog is under $20. That will work with anyones budget. Plus PC doesn't want you to pay full price for anything. Wal-Mart doesn't offer that. I also tell them is a very nice voice that you get what you pay for.

I ALWAYS mention at my shows, "before I was a PC Consultant and I would attend a home party the first thing I would do is look through the catalog and think what is the cheapest thing in this catalog". Everybody laughs because everybody has done it. Then I say, "in our Spring/Summer catalog 65% of the product is under $20, in fact name a home party where you can actually get a product for .75 that can be used over and over again (citrus peeler). That is another one of many reason I became a PC consultant instead of with a different home base company. Our products are affordable to everyone even when you have more month than money".

Sometimes it is hard to come up with a return comment. I hope this helps.

pkd09 said:
I ALWAYS mention at my shows, "before I was a PC Consultant and I would attend a home party the first thing I would do is look through the catalog and think what is the cheapest thing in this catalog". Everybody laughs because everybody has done it. Then I say, "in our Spring/Summer catalog 65% of the product is under $20, in fact name a home party where you can actually get a product for .75 that can be used over and over again (citrus peeler). That is another one of many reason I became a PC consultant instead of with a different home base company. Our products are affordable to everyone even when you have more month than money".

Sometimes it is hard to come up with a return comment. I hope this helps.

I like that and am going to print it and use it!
Thank you.
Schel

Here is a breakdown of prices on our products. MORE than HALF our catalog is under $20!!!S/S 2007 (this does not include the mid-season products)
0 - $9.99 88 28%
$10 - $19.99 114 36%
$20 - $29.99 39 12%
$30 - $49.99 41 13%
$50+ 31 10% 313 K

Anne, Is that "FD" new? I don't remember seeing that before!:) :)

And if not, I'm sorry I didn't notice it before!

Depends on who I'm talking too. If it's some folks on a budget I agree with them and point them towards very practical items (batter bowl, scrapers) that are not too expensive but last a long time. I mention the guarantee and how you can't take things back after they've been used to most stores.

If it's a more high-end group, I mention the prices of William-Sonoma or the great discount hosts get. You can get it 20% off at Bed, Bath and Beyond but you can get it HALF off with the Pampered Chef. Usually someone in the audience will agree and talk about how expensive Williams-Sonoma is.....

I had it for a while and then at one point, I took out all personal info from my sig (long story). I just put some of it back in my sig recently. So, don't worry, I don't think you missed it.

I mention how many products are under $20 and tell them that I've been a PC consumer for 8 years and still have and use (in my SHOWS) products I bought at the very first show I've attended. I still have a food chopper I bought in 1998 -- my mom has been through 4 of the cheap ones (home and garden show bargains and wal-mart) in that same time frame, until she finally bought a PC one. I also mention the warranty, especially on the high end items like the cookware. And of course mention the host benefits.

I also mention that I also thought that Pampered Chef had to be super expensive and was hesitant to attend my first show, but was pleasantly surprised that it was not as expensive as I imagined and has been worth every penny since they last.

Here's an old postI posted this in the thread Anne posted for everyone. This is what I typically say to those who insist PC is so expensive!

I always tell people they get what they pay for.
I give them the example of my husband going to the Lowe's or Home Depot store to get a tool.
Will my husband buy the cheap tool that will break in only a few uses or will he go for the bigger, better, more expensive tool?
BIngo, he goes for the better tool that may be higher priced but will save him time, money and frustration.
SAme for me I work in the kitchen everyday with my four kids. I have to prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, not to mention other special things during the holidays so my time and money are important to me. I would much rather buy a tool that costs $10 instead of a cheap dollar store imitation or even one from Walmart. Why?
Because I will end up going back to the dollar store or Walmart a few more times to replace that item. All the items in the catalog have at least a one year guarantee. Not even Walmart will take back an item after 3-6 months!
The smart choice is to invest in items that you use everyday or very often. The cookware has a lifetime guarantee. I will never have to buy another piece of cookware in my lifetime. That is peace of mind and a smart decision.

I always show the Walmart scraper compared to ours. The gunk trapped in the head of the scraper, the discoloration and the melted head are a great way for me to sell at least five of the scrapers at my show, courtesy of my mother in law!!

I sometimes get a person at my shows to complain about the prices and I am ready to come against that myth that PC is too expensive. Also I am quick to let them know that if they have gone to the post office anytime soon they know that $4.00 for shipping is a great deal. If you only order a citrus peeler or the nylon pan scrapers or something small, then yes the shipping seems steep but the $4.00 is actually a great deal for those that purchase a good amount of items like stoneware, several items or even cookware at one time. Then that shipping rate is a real bargain. You could order one of each item in the entire catalog and shipping is only $4.00!! That is not the way other catalog businesses work!!
I do mention that hosting a show will guarantee FREE products if the host does her part and collects outside orders and invites many people to her show!

DEBBIE :D

Related to How Do I Respond to the Statement Pampered Chef is so Expensive?

1. What do you say when someone compliments your cooking?

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I put a lot of love and effort into my dishes.

2. What do you say when someone asks for the recipe?

I'm happy to share the recipe with you! Would you like me to write it down or send it to you via email?

3. What do you say when someone asks for cooking advice?

I would be happy to offer some tips and tricks! What specifically are you looking for advice on?

4. What do you say when someone asks how you keep your kitchen organized?

I'm a big fan of using organization tools like our Pampered Chef kitchen tools and storage containers. They make it easy to keep everything in its place.

5. What do you say when someone asks about hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great idea! Not only will you get to try out some amazing products, but you'll also earn free and discounted items. Let's schedule a date and start planning!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • Paula Poole
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Carol Hill