• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Quick Please! Greek Torta Without the Small Batter Bowl?

In summary, the recipe calls for a small batter bowl, but if you have a large one you can use it. Make the torta ahead in the prep bowls or use plastic wrap to line a couple small SA bowls and do square tortas. Bring extra bread to the show so you have something to put it on.
mconsola
I have a party tonight where the recipe is the Greek Cheese Torta but I haven't tested it yet. (I know, I know!) Anyway, I just realized it uses a Small Batter Bowl but I only have the large. Anyone ever tried it in the large? We're also doing the Lemon Cakes so if I have to I can prepare the Torta beforehand using a non PC measuring bowl and just let guests snack on it while we prepare the cakes.

It should work in the large. It just won't fill it up all the way. This is an excellent recipe!

Last edited:
Make it ahead in the prep bowls - do 2-3 small ones! Or, if you have a couple extra prep bowls you could do it at the show too_Or line with plastic wrap a couple small SA square bowls and do square tortas!

I threw out the prep bowl idea to a past host and she really liked the idea. She thought about doing different seasoning in each. Don't worry about that for a show but it is a great idea. I would make the torta a head of time no matter what and just do the cakes during the show.

I do it in the prep bowls all the time, and then serve with various triscuits too.

I did it with 2 prep bowls. In one I used roasted red peppers and in the other did sun-dried tomatoes. I did it for a cluster meeting and it was a huge hit.

I love that idea...The roasted red peppers instead of the sun dried tomatoes. Personally I think they are like red, oily plastic! Two prep bowls though does the trick huh? Cool!

I actually think I did 4 prep bowls...brought 2 to the meeting and kept 2 at home!

I did it in the small SA bowls that fit in the caddy!

I did it at my last show in 2 small SA bowls. Then I served them on Med Squares. She had a large crowd, so we had one each end of the group so they could all eat it.

Rats - I wish I had had time to get on here over the weekend. I did a show yesterday with the Torta and used the small bowl from the old Colander and Bowl Set. It worked alright, and was pretty, but could have looked more polished. We ran out of bread, though, so I have never even tasted this recipe... Maybe I will make it for my family in the prep bowls and try the half tomatoes, half red peppers idea, too!

Related to Help Quick Please! Greek Torta Without the Small Batter Bowl?

1. What is a Greek Torta?

A Greek Torta is a savory pie made with layers of phyllo dough, cheese, and vegetables or meat. It is a popular dish in Greek cuisine.

2. Can I make a Greek Torta without the Small Batter Bowl?

Yes, you can make a Greek Torta without the Small Batter Bowl. You can use a regular 9-inch pie dish or a square baking dish instead.

3. What ingredients do I need to make a Greek Torta?

The basic ingredients for a Greek Torta include phyllo dough, feta cheese, eggs, milk, and a variety of vegetables or meat for the filling. You can also add herbs and spices for extra flavor.

4. How do I assemble a Greek Torta?

To assemble a Greek Torta, start by brushing melted butter on each layer of phyllo dough. Then, add a layer of the filling and repeat until all ingredients are used. Finally, fold over the edges of the phyllo dough and brush the top with more butter before baking.

5. How long does it take to bake a Greek Torta?

The baking time for a Greek Torta can vary depending on the oven and the size of the dish used. Generally, it takes about 35-45 minutes in a preheated 375°F oven for a 9-inch pie dish. The torta is ready when the top is golden brown and the filling is set.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • babywings76