• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have Your Fav Shows Been Shut Down Because of the Writers Strike?

In summary, some channels are being shut down because of the NBC writers' strike. Qualifying consultants are trying to motivate their clients to qualify in order for them to receive perks such as PC dollars.
Nanisu
Gold Member
Qualifying ConsultantsI've had a great fall for recruiting, but I need to motivate them to qualify by the end of December--if they do it's 12,000 points and I have earned London for sure! So, quick, how do we motivate them to qualify? A couple of them for sure will do it, I think at least 4 out of 6, but I was thinking of offering some incentive...I already award PC dollars, so I don't know if that would work, but I want to get them qualified--both for their good and mine (heh heh). I am doing my November training on Personal Web sites--they all have them and I wanted to show them how to really utilize them this holiday season, so I thought I would stress how if they qualify they can take individual orders on their websites just in time for Christmas shoppers, but I really want to entice them to work a little harder.....any ideas?:indifferent0016:

Personally I wouldn't offer an incentive because if they aren't motivated by what HO is giving them, I'm not sure you offering them something would help either.

What I would do is set a phone or live appointment with them and get out their calendar and highlight the dates they can work before the holiday cut off. Then brainstorm fun show ideas and get them excited to do the shows! Help them determine who to call and set a deadline for those calls.

I'm sure others here will have lots of great ideas for you. Good luck!

I like your thinking. I have 3 that still need to qualify. One hasn't submitted yet, tells me she has shows. The other 2 need 1 more show. I stopped counting on the 1 who hasn't submitted yet for my points. So I will have to make that up this month. I would love to know if someone else has some perks to getting them there.
In June I had 2 that needed to qualify in order for me to promote. So I gave them an incentive if they qualified. They did it. So sometimes they need that little push I guess.

Wonder how that 100 recruting promo went??!! I know there was a lot of recruiting but did they qualify? Only 4 of mine qualified. :( I give my new recruits a choice of the tool-turnabout bag or the catalog bag if the qualify in their first month. You can extend it until Dec. 15. I make a BIG deal at my meetings when that is achieved. Hoping the other 4 got the hint! :) Need 11,910 points for the cruise.

So far not many. I usually watch Jay Leno and that's shut down. I've heard if it runs into January many more will be shut down. We'll just rent more Netflix.

I know that NBC is playing hardball...they are firing the people under the writers to try to force the writers back.(the office did this) Or they are telling the stars (like Ellen) come back or we are firing the people under the writers.

They are also trying to pressure Jay Leno like they did Ellen. From what I read it is easier to cancel a day time show than a night time show.

none of mine has yet. i keep crossing my fingers it will be over before that.

I heard this morning that I am losing LOST!!!!! I will be lost without it! LOL no pun intended!

24 is getting pushed back so they can air all of the episodes together. It was supposed to start in January, but now who knows. I am so sad......

I think some of mine are, Heroes, Criminal minds I think there was another one but I can't think of it...

OH yeah I think Prison Break is another one!!

rebeccastt said:
24 is getting pushed back so they can air all of the episodes together. It was supposed to start in January, but now who knows. I am so sad......

aw man..i LOVE that show!!!!! i hope that they can all come to an agrement soon!!

I also heard that the office is all reruns now :cry:

I think that they all pretty much will be done with new eposids by Christmas

Related to Have Your Fav Shows Been Shut Down Because of the Writers Strike?

What shows have been affected by the writers strike?

As of January 2020, the shows that have been impacted by the writers strike include popular programs such as "Grey's Anatomy," "This Is Us," "The Good Place," "Chicago Fire," and "Modern Family."

Why did the writers go on strike?

The Writers Guild of America went on strike due to disputes over compensation and fair treatment for writers in the industry.

How long will the strike last?

The duration of the strike is uncertain as negotiations between the Writers Guild and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers are ongoing. However, the last writers strike in 2007-2008 lasted for 100 days.

Will my favorite shows be cancelled?

It is difficult to say at this time if any shows will be cancelled due to the strike. However, some production schedules may be affected and result in delays or shortened seasons for certain programs.

What can fans do to support the writers during the strike?

Fans can show their support for the writers by using the hashtag #WGAStaffingBoost on social media, avoiding watching or streaming content from companies involved in the dispute, and attending rallies and events organized by the Writers Guild.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shelbi
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • msmileyface