• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gifting Layered Cookies/Brownies: What Works Best?

In summary, there are many options for making batter bowl gifts, including layering cookie or brownie mixes, using mix-in-a-jar books, and ordering pre-made mixes from Pampered Chef. Some consultants sell these at craft fairs, while others take orders and make them for customers. It is important to note that some methods may not be allowed by the company. However, these gifts are generally well-received and can be a great way to increase sales and promote gift-giving during the holiday season.
leannvv
I'm thinking of buying some and giving them as gifts and doing a layered cookie or brownie recipe. I KNOW some of you have done this. What works best????

if you search the threads or files for batter bowl gift ideas or something like that you will find a bunch of info on how to make these. I did some last year and they went over well as gifts!

Search the files under "celebrate" there will be several recipes and cards that come up.

If you have any "Mix in a jar" books (frequently offered through fundraisers), any of the mixes that go in a 1 quart jar will go into the small batter bowl. Sometimes you can find those books in craft or fabric stores.

I use the brownie mix from PC. I think it is the best (i haven't made the others though) because your friends (gift recieveeeeees) only have to have oil, water, and eggs to make tthe brownies. The soups look good but you have to have meat and veggies too. I know if I was ever given that as a gift i would never go tot he store and get everything else to make it.

So, at a craft fair would you take orders for these? If so wouldn't you need to sell the batter bowl (separately)and charge extra for the ingredients? How does this work?

I haven't done it, but some consultants make these up to sell at craft fairs. The total price includes the small batter bowl and the ingredients. I think most people end up charging about $20 for them. You can order a bunch of bowls on a show in a month when you need sales, and then fill them right before your craft shows.

I've got a show closing next week and my craft fair is tomorrow. I think I'll take orders at the fair. Thanks!

chefann said:
I haven't done it, but some consultants make these up to sell at craft fairs. The total price includes the small batter bowl and the ingredients. I think most people end up charging about $20 for them. You can order a bunch of bowls on a show in a month when you need sales, and then fill them right before your craft shows.

This is not allowed... you can find the discussion about it and the official answer from HO in the Increasing Sales section......

I had a fair tonight (HUGE bust, but that's another story...) and I had made 12 of them. I made 3 of each: Celebrate Cookies, Cowboy Chili, Hearty Minestrone Soup, and Batter Bowl Brownies. Didn't sell one, but there weren't too many people there. To haul around 12 batter bowl mixes is a pain in the patookus, though, so I lean towards the taking orders, though I thought it would be nice for them to have something to take away...

I was thinking of giving these as Christmas gifts to people at work. I have always thought it was a great idea.

I agree. It really is a great gift idea!

It does make for great gifts! All the teachers, the secretary, principal and My John's "secret santa giftee" got a batter bowl mix! The secret santa giftee found out who gave her the gift and asked for the full recipe, she just LOVED the tortellini soup!!!! lol

It's a great thing to demo at shows through the next couple months. WHen I do it, I pre-measure the ingredients and place them in zip baggies so it's a quick thing at the show, and it gets people thinking about gift-giving!

chefann said:

You can also offer to preorder, and then go to their house to do a "Make-it & Take it" gifts show?

speedychef said:
I had a fair tonight (HUGE bust, but that's another story...) and I had made 12 of them. I made 3 of each: Celebrate Cookies, Cowboy Chili, Hearty Minestrone Soup, and Batter Bowl Brownies. Didn't sell one, but there weren't too many people there. To haul around 12 batter bowl mixes is a pain in the patookus, though, so I lean towards the taking orders, though I thought it would be nice for them to have something to take away...

One of my directors says order two & I'll include the recipes, order 4 or more and I'll make them up for you.

soccermama said:
This is not allowed... you can find the discussion about it and the official answer from HO in the Increasing Sales section......

Celeste, thanks for pointing that out. I've never actually done it, and I probably missed the other thread.

You're welcome... I just didn't want to find out that any Cheffers got in trouble for breaking the rules.....

Related to Gifting Layered Cookies/Brownies: What Works Best?

1. What types of cookies/brownies work best for layering?

Soft and chewy cookies and brownies work best for layering. These include chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, and fudgy brownies.

2. Can I use store-bought cookies/brownies for layering?

Yes, store-bought cookies and brownies can be used for layering. Just make sure they are soft and chewy, as these work best for layering.

3. How many layers can I create with gifting layered cookies/brownies?

You can create as many layers as you like, but we recommend no more than 3-4 layers for best results. Too many layers can make the cookies/brownies difficult to cut and eat.

4. Can I add other ingredients between the layers?

Yes, you can add other ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts, or sprinkles between the layers for added flavor and texture. Just make sure to evenly distribute them to avoid uneven layers.

5. How should I package the layered cookies/brownies for gifting?

You can package the layered cookies/brownies in a clear cellophane bag or a decorative box. Make sure to securely wrap the package to prevent the layers from shifting during transport.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mom4angela
  • mom4angela
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies