• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Way to Chop up a Skor Bar?

In summary, the best way to chop up a Skor bar is to use a sharp knife and a cutting board, making clean and even cuts for the desired size. Alternatively, a food chopper or food processor can also be used for smaller and more uniform pieces. To prevent sticking, lightly coat the knife with cooking oil or spray. Chopped Skor bars can be stored in an airtight container, but may stick together if left for too long.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I did it once for the Banana Toffee Pizza with the crinkle cutter and that worked great. Should I use it again or try the chopper? Anyone try the chopper before? NO WAY I'm using the forged cutlery during a demo - before hand to prep, show and talk, but not using while talking - I KNOW better after my USG injuries :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Definitely try it with the food chopper! I found some bars tonight for the first time in awhile (so I cheated and got the heath bar pieces in the past) .....so I will definitely be showing this step. Probably with the food chopper!

I've used the chopper in the past for chocolate bars, works great.

Eat 'em! :D

You can also put them into a heavy plastic bag (freezer bag), and then pound the heck out of them with the Meat Tenderizer (flat side).

Related to Best Way to Chop up a Skor Bar?

1. How should I chop up a Skor bar for best results?

The best way to chop up a Skor bar is to use a sharp knife and a cutting board. Start by unwrapping the Skor bar and placing it on the cutting board. Hold the bar firmly with one hand and use the other hand to make clean and even cuts through the bar. For smaller pieces, you can also use a food chopper or food processor.

2. Can I use a kitchen tool other than a knife to chop up a Skor bar?

Yes, you can use a food chopper or food processor to chop up a Skor bar. This will give you smaller and more uniform pieces compared to using a knife. However, make sure to check the manufacturer's recommendations for chopping hard candy with these tools.

3. How finely should I chop up the Skor bar?

The size of the chopped Skor bar will depend on personal preference and the recipe you are using it for. For some recipes, you may want larger chunks for added texture, while others may require smaller pieces. Aim for pieces that are about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch in size.

4. How do I prevent the Skor bar from sticking to the knife?

To prevent the Skor bar from sticking to the knife, you can lightly coat the blade with cooking oil or spray before chopping. This will create a non-stick surface and make it easier to cut through the candy without it getting stuck.

5. Can I chop up a Skor bar ahead of time?

Yes, you can chop up a Skor bar ahead of time and store it in an airtight container. However, keep in mind that the chopped pieces may stick together if left for too long. If this happens, you can gently break them apart before using in a recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pregochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
erin
  • Dotty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
schel
Replies