• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Alternate Times for Open House: Friday 6-8, Thursday 6-8, or Saturday 11-1

In summary, Ann thinks that Friday is a good night because it's the last night of the week and people have already had some time off from work. She also recommends following up with people and offering door prizes.
pamperedape
So, I wanted my big "coming out" party (open house);) to be on Saturday June 16th from 2-4. Well, a co-worker is getting married on that day at 1. We aren't going because it's a no children thing and we have two small ones. I still don't want to have it then though 'cause of the other staff members who will be attending. They LOVE PC and I don't want them to miss my open house.

Anyway - what is a good alternate time -

Friday from 6-8
Thursday from 6-8
Saturday from 11-1

If you've got a bunch of coworkers you want there who are also attending the wedding, I wouldn't do it the same day as the wedding at all. They'll be too busy getting dressed, etc.

Because it's June, I'd suggest a weeknight. Mostly because weekends will be full of graduation parties, and you really want your kick-off to be successful. I have found that Fridays can be a tough night because people get home from work and just want to veg. But it's really dependant on you following up with people.

Ann is so wise! (I say this because I totally agree with her reasoning!:p )

I would do the Thursday night show! AND DEFINITELY follow up with phone calls!

Yeah, that makes total sense! Even though we're all teachers who will be done by then they still might want to go to dinner with family, etc. on Friday evening.

Thanks so much!!!

Thursdays are a good night b/c even if they are out late, they only have Friday to get through! Saturdays are actually hard much of the time especially mid-day b/c people have plans or are busy in their non-plans. Definitely follow up b/c people forget!! Offer door prizes or something to get them in the door. I always do a mystery host show for any personal open houses. If you aren't good at it, have a friend telling people to book a show and being all excited for you. It's sometimes hard to ask others to do for us, but somehow easy to ask them to do for others. They are helping you a ton by booking a show. Good luck!!

That's a good idea about having a friend do the booking talk for me! I have a friend who would be GREAT at that. Of course I'll still ask.

And the more I think about it Saturday is a bad day anyway with all of the ball practices and such. Plus it's payday time so probably people need to shop and such.

Related to Alternate Times for Open House: Friday 6-8, Thursday 6-8, or Saturday 11-1

Question 1: When should I start timing my recipe?

The timing of your recipe will depend on the specific instructions provided in the recipe. Typically, you should start timing your recipe once you begin actively cooking or preparing ingredients. If the recipe calls for preheating the oven or other appliances, make sure to include that time in your overall timing.

Question 2: How do I know when my recipe is done?

The best way to determine if your recipe is done is by using a kitchen timer or timer app on your phone. Follow the timing instructions in your recipe and then use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature of your dish. You can also use visual cues, such as a golden brown color or bubbling sauce, to determine doneness.

Question 3: Can I adjust the timing of my recipe?

Yes, you can adjust the timing of your recipe if needed. Factors such as altitude, oven temperature, and personal preference can all impact the timing of a recipe. Use your judgment and refer to the recipe notes for any potential adjustments. You can also use a kitchen timer to add or subtract time as needed.

Question 4: How do I make sure all parts of my recipe are cooked evenly?

To ensure even cooking, make sure to follow the recipe instructions carefully and evenly distribute ingredients in the cooking vessel. If using an oven, rotate the dish halfway through cooking. For stovetop cooking, stir or flip ingredients periodically. You can also use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the dish in different areas.

Question 5: What if my recipe doesn't specify a cooking time?

If your recipe does not specify a cooking time, it is best to consult a similar recipe or reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant for guidance. You can also use a food thermometer to check for doneness, using the internal temperature guidelines for the main ingredient in your dish. Keep in mind that cooking times may vary based on personal preference and equipment used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kaseydee
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kaseydee
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
PigletsMom
  • sherri lynn