• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Drinks and Appetizers Should I Serve for My First Show?

In summary, during a show, try to keep your hands busy by playing a game or helping your guests with orders. If there is a bake time for the recipe, make an appetizer or salad instead.
flame_chick
I am getting nervous! I am hosting the show too. what should I serve as drink and appitizers? something kinda inexpensive, yet good.
I am trying to put on a "fake" show for my dog and some of my daughters stuffed animals. I find myself getting tongue tied, and searching for words to use.. evertime I put on the DVD I just stare at it in awe of how she is doing her show.
PLUS I picked the chocolate recipe to do and there is a bake time.. what to do during that?
I only have my starter kit...
the other 3 recipes don't sound apealing.. asparagus ( I know I spelled that wrong) red pepers, and the orange in the harvest chicken, weird. I guess I am going to have to really open up my mind.. I am kinda nervous about that too. I guess I still eat like a 10 year old.

Look in the Seasons Best for the Antipasto Pizza. That is my favorite show recipe. It is also a great Super Starter Recipe - I say that because it uses only products in your SS Kit and there is no bake time during your show!!!!!
You can bake the crust ahead of time and keep it warm on your stone as guests are arriving - and it smells yummy - then all you have to do for your demo is chop, mix and stir! Be sure you DRAIN the artichokes really well so that your crust isnt soggy....but trust me on this and others on this site will vouch for me - this is an awesome recipe and everyone always loves it. Talk all about how that crust is all crispy and brown and not soggy and still warm - all because of our awesome stoneware....book a show and get one 60% off next month! Or 20% off for guests!!!!

The "lull" while waiting for something to cook was ackward for me at first too. If you choose a recipe like this - choose this time to play a little game or help your guests with their orders & answer questions. Then when the recipe is ready, they can eat while you take orders.....

I still lately only choose recipes that have no bake time during the demo! I love that and I am outta there quickly!

With the Antipasto Pizza you could make one of the new spreads and have the Flat Bread already prepared - or just use storebought crackers. That honestly is just fine! Some cookies on a tray and you are set. Dont stress yourself out over your first show.
I KNOW YOU WILL DO GREAT!!!! AND PRACTICING ON THE STUFFED ANIMALS IS JUST TOOOO CUTE! ;) ;)

Don't worry, each show gets easier! I was so freaked out at my first show, but all went well. If you make a mistake, just joke about being new, or say "I'm not a perfect chef, just a pampered one!"
If I'm doing a recipe that has bake time, that's when I do 2 recipes. If it's a main dish baking, I'll bring a dessert crust that's already made, & finish it off while the other thing is baking. Or if it's a dessert baking, I'll make an appetizer or salad or something that doesn't need baked. I don't like much lull time, I like to keep my hands busy showing the products.
Just take a deep breath....I'm sure you'll do fine!:)

I agree with Cindy about the antipasto pizza - it is awesome - I've done it for my last 5 shows and guests are always impressed by it - and it's so easy!! Anyone can make it and it looks pretty on the stone with the woven selections under it.

As far as messing up during a show - even if you do - most likely no one will pick up on it - because they don't know what you're doing isn't right! Good luck and have fun!

Gina Miller

and I second what Lacy said about doing the 2nd recipe while something is baking - forgot about that!

I got all tongue tied when I practice for my husband and son, too. I did fine in front of the guest at my first show. I think I was thinking too hard when I was practicing. My guest made it easier too b/c they would comment and that would give me something to work from.

I agree about the pizza, too. It has been a HUGE hit at my shows.

You will do just fine. First shows are always that way. The more you do the more confident you become. Good luck and most of all, HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!

If I have a bake time for a recipe, that's when I'll talk about cookware if I didn't use it. Or play a game. Or give them time to ask questions about what you used. Just go with the flow. Every show/group is different, so I try not to plan too much. I've noticed I try to choose no bake time recipes too though! I haven't tried the pizza yet-might be a good possibility.

I am in my 3rd month and have found that the easiest recipe to put together is the Chicken Bistro Twist in the All the Best cookbook. Its really pretty simple and when it comes out of the oven it is very impressive. Just my suggestion.

I LOVE all your suggestions! when you gals reply to my posts, I read EVERY one! I am soaking it ALL up!! thank you so much.. and I'll try and reply to your posts as well!

Related to What Drinks and Appetizers Should I Serve for My First Show?

1. What should I do to prepare for my first show?

To prepare for your first show, make sure you have all your Pampered Chef products and materials ready, including catalogs, order forms, and any special demonstration items. It's also important to familiarize yourself with the products and have a script or outline for your show. You may also want to practice your demonstration beforehand.

2. How many guests should I invite to my first show?

The number of guests to invite to your first show can vary, but we recommend starting with a smaller group of around 10-15 people. This will allow you to get comfortable with the demonstration and learn from any mistakes without feeling overwhelmed. You can always ask your guests to bring a friend or family member to increase the size of your audience.

3. What if I don't have all the products for my first show?

If you don't have all the products for your first show, don't worry! You can still have a successful show by using substitute products or asking a fellow consultant to borrow items. You can also highlight the products you do have and offer a special order for any products that are currently unavailable.

4. How can I make sure my guests have a good time at my first show?

To ensure your guests have a good time at your first show, make sure to keep the energy high and engage them throughout the demonstration. You can also offer fun games or prizes to keep them entertained. Additionally, be sure to provide snacks and refreshments to make the experience more enjoyable.

5. What are some tips for making my first show a success?

Some tips for making your first show a success include practicing your demonstration beforehand, being enthusiastic and confident, and offering special deals or discounts for orders placed at the show. It's also important to follow up with your guests after the show to thank them and offer any additional support or information they may need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
msmileyface
Replies
Views
the secret chef
  • sunnygirl in nd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies