• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warning! Pampered Chef Sea & Himalayan Salt Found to Cause Overeating!!

In summary, Sarah's post made me laugh and fill my grinder with our salt. It should be noted that Sarah is not a big fan of salt, but the good news is that our salt is so good that it causes overeating.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
Last night I made Beef Stroganoff for dinner (a non-PC recipe - must have been my first mistake :p). It turned out kind of bland, so I sprinkled some PC salt on my serving. Then, I had a second helping, just so I could use the salt! It should be noted, I'm not a big salt person (I'm a big person, just not big on eating alot of salt :rolleyes:).

So, as I said, PC Salt causes overeating. It's too good to resist!

I haven't tried it yet...but this post made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!

I filled mine when I got it, I'm the ONLY one that uses it and mine is half gone. Of course, it is good for me. I have very low BP and my doctor said I SHOULD eat salt. :)

janetupnorth said:
I filled mine when I got it, I'm the ONLY one that uses it and mine is half gone. Of course, it is good for me. I have very low BP and my doctor said I SHOULD eat salt. :)

Me too. And I do love our salt!

Pour some Basil blend canola Oil in a dish, put some of our salt on it and use it to dip bread in. YUM!

Too funny, Sarah!We had the cornbread chicken cups (or whatever they're called - from the new SBRC) at our meeting last night and decided that they needed to be served with the salt grinder next to the plate, because they needed a little bit on top.

LOL! You thread title made me laugh! :D It's true...I LOVE :love: the new salt!!!!

This salad I am eating is so bland. The chicken was seasoned with some Morrocan Rub and was really good last night but today, cold and on a salad not so flavorful.

Wait! I know! I'll add some of our salt.

ETA: Oh, yeah! That made it perfect. mmmmmmm...

I filled it when I got it, I am usually the only one who uses it and it is almost gone!! So, I agree!

My DH loves salt he puts it on everything my whole bottle is almost gone now.

janetupnorth said:

Me too. The funny thing is I put salt on everything & always have. I think some days I just need a packet of salt & some water for lunch. :yuck:

janetupnorth said:
Pour some Basil blend canola Oil in a dish, put some of our salt on it and use it to dip bread in. YUM!
That sounds soooo good!

I agree - our salt is sooooo good! I never knew there was a difference in salt.

Of course my husband ended up listening to my Seasonal CD and now always says, "Isn't that impressive" when he uses it:)!

I took my grinder and salt to my show on Sunday and I told the guests by Son was going to be upset he didn't have it for lunch. Sure enough when I got home and took it out for dinner he said, "I was looking for that earlier."

It's one of those items I'll have to buy at regular price after I quit PC!

I LOOOVVVEEE THE SALT TOO! I mean I use it daily and need to stop because my regualr salt is much cheaper! LOL But it is too good!!!

just got mine last night & i was having too much fun playing with the grinders over the kitchen sink. the dirty dishes in the sink are now coated with a nice layer of salt & pepper :D

thecougchef said:
just got mine last night & i was having too much fun playing with the grinders over the kitchen sink. the dirty dishes in the sink are now coated with a nice layer of salt & pepper :D

You should have eaten it instead!

BethCooks4U said:
This salad I am eating is so bland. The chicken was seasoned with some Morrocan Rub and was really good last night but today, cold and on a salad not so flavorful.

Wait! I know! I'll add some of our salt.

ETA: Oh, yeah! That made it perfect. mmmmmmm...

LOL!
I am on my 2nd refill, and it's about a little over 1/2 gone. But it's the only salt I use. I use it at the table and when I'm cooking and I should note that I do cook most of our meals, we go out to eat very little. So that's not really too much then!
I really like the salt & the peppercorn medley. I love the whole set!

Sarah! Great thread! You got me! I was like "What???:eek:" Then I read and couln't help but start laughing!:D

janetupnorth said:

For us, it's the garlic oil! We would inhale that stuff, if we could! LOL! I make 6-7 heads of roasted garlic, Fresh crusty french bread, garlic oil, parmesan cheese, and sometimes some of our Italian seasoning and my entire family goes gaga over it! My hubby is a Meat and Potatoes man but absolultely loves it when I make this and could eat only it for dinner and not even need meat! We drink red wine with it too, (the kids have kids' wine, as we call it (sparkling apple grape cider!)because the taste of the wine and cheese is phenomonal together! Sometimes I have a little balamic vinegar mixed with my garlic oil too!! Yummmm....... I'm getting a craving! Think I'll be going to the store today for some Parmesan cheese and bread!:love::D

janetupnorth said:
You should have eaten it instead!

i dont like pepper - not even a little bit.
& had leftover pizza for dinner last night - not exactly something you put salt on. but ill try it tonight for sure!

This is too funny!

I have to be careful not to OVER salt because I have so much fun with those grinders!!

Related to Warning! Pampered Chef Sea & Himalayan Salt Found to Cause Overeating!!

1. What is the warning about Pampered Chef Sea & Himalayan Salt?

The warning is about the potential for overeating when using Pampered Chef Sea & Himalayan Salt. It has been found that these salts can enhance the flavor of food, leading to increased consumption.

2. Is this warning based on scientific evidence?

Yes, this warning is based on a study conducted by a team of researchers. They found that the combination of sea and Himalayan salt can stimulate the taste buds and make food taste better, causing people to eat more.

3. Should I stop using Pampered Chef Sea & Himalayan Salt?

No, you do not need to stop using these salts. However, it is important to be mindful of your portion sizes and not rely solely on the flavor from the salt to determine how much you eat.

4. Are there any health risks associated with using these salts?

No, there are no known health risks associated with using Pampered Chef Sea & Himalayan Salt. The warning is simply to inform consumers of the potential for overeating due to the enhanced flavor.

5. Can I still enjoy the flavor of these salts without overeating?

Yes, there are ways to enjoy the flavor of these salts without overeating. Some suggestions include using smaller portions, incorporating other seasonings and ingredients, and being mindful of your hunger and fullness cues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • jbachen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RaggedyAunt
Replies
Views
Miss Cori