• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uterine Fibroids: To Remove or Not to Remove?

M
Mel5497
Use of charm holdersDo any of you use the charm holders from Glitz or SWJ? I'm thinking of offering a $1000 charm holder and then giving $ charms for each $1000 show a team member has. I'm curious as to the quality of the holders. Any feedback? Does anyone use any other 'apron bling'? Thanks!

leggy (kris)

just bumping this up to see if anyone has input...thanks!

I have used charm holders from SWJ as incentives and they have been happy with them. I think their quality is fine for what they are and the price is good.

what is SWJ????

www.swjsouthwest.com

They have lots of charms, charm holders and other recognition items. They are located in the Houston area. I have gotten a lot of things through them and have been happy with what I got and the cost.

thanks beth, I was just asking where to get those!!

What I do is give the charm holder for the first $1K show, and then a $ charm for each one after.

Hello everyone!

I saw a new gynecologist yesterday for a series of things that I have been experiencing. She ordered a transvaginal ultrasound to rule out an ovarian cyst, but instead she discovered a fibroid located at the top of my uterus. Even though these type of fibroids are benign, I'm still concerned. Have any of you gone through this?

I have 2 fibroids that were discovered during my pregnancy. I am going to see the doctor for a surgical consult next Thursday for an endometrial ablation that is supposed to dislodge them. I have 3 sons and no wish for more kids, so I don't see any need to continue having super heavy periods 3 weeks out of 4. I am hoping to have the procedure done in January.

Well, I'm 37 and I also have three kids. My Dr. said that since I don't have heavy periods (yet) and I didn't know that the fibroid was there until the ultrasound, I'll have ultrasounds every 6 months. Otherwise, they'll shrink when I go through meno.

Rosa - I've had a fibroid since I had kids. Mine they just check annually to see if it has grown - if not, nothing to worry about. They can grow with stress.Be sure to drinks lots of water around that time of month, that will help (I'm so bad at that.)Otherwise, unless they grow, absolutely nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the reassuring words! I've been really worried ever since I was diagnosed with it. And even though everything I read seems to say they are benign and not to worry about it, I just can't seem to help it. Did you have to have a biopsy to confirm that the fibroid was indeed benign?

Doing the bump.

Hi - I'm new to this forum so I just found this post.

I had fibroids for the past two years. Fibroids are always benign, and never become cancerous.

As long as they're not causing you any pain, it's fine to leave them where they are. Mine were causing extreme pain, so I had them removed. It was a really easy surgery, and recovery was just like it would be if you had a C-section.

Fibroids feed off of estrogen, so if you're on the pill, you may want to have another ultrasound in another year or so to make sure they didn't get bigger.

Good luck!

Related to Uterine Fibroids: To Remove or Not to Remove?

1. What are uterine fibroids?

Uterine fibroids are non-cancerous growths that develop in the muscle tissue of the uterus. They can vary in size and number and may cause symptoms such as heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding, pelvic pain, and frequent urination.

2. How are uterine fibroids typically treated?

Treatment for uterine fibroids depends on the severity of symptoms and the patient's overall health. Options may include medication, surgery, or other procedures such as uterine artery embolization. The decision to remove fibroids is typically made based on the patient's symptoms and desired fertility outcomes.

3. What are the potential risks and benefits of removing uterine fibroids?

The risks and benefits of removing uterine fibroids vary depending on the type of procedure used. In general, the potential risks include bleeding, infection, and damage to surrounding tissues or organs. The potential benefits may include relief of symptoms such as heavy bleeding and pelvic pain, improved fertility, and reduced risk of complications during pregnancy.

4. Is it necessary to remove uterine fibroids if they are not causing symptoms?

In most cases, uterine fibroids do not need to be removed if they are not causing symptoms. However, regular monitoring may be recommended to ensure that the fibroids do not grow or cause complications in the future. If symptoms do develop, treatment options can be discussed with a healthcare provider.

5. Are there any alternative treatments or methods for managing uterine fibroids?

Some patients may choose to manage their uterine fibroids through alternative methods such as dietary changes, herbal remedies, or acupuncture. While these methods may offer some relief, they are not proven to effectively shrink or remove fibroids. It is important to consult with a healthcare provider before attempting any alternative treatments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• footballchef
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
footballchef
  • kcnancy
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Denise K
Replies