• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soExcited....about a Vacuum Cleaner ;-)

In summary, Lisa is getting a Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner, and her husband is refusing to let her vacuum.
susanr613
Gold Member
I knew you all would appreciate this. I am getting a pretty decent tax return this year, and will put most of it into my emergency and Joey's bar Mitzvah funds. I am also treating myself to...a Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner! I found one on eBay for a really good price.

My current vacuum cleaner just can't keep up with the dog hair, so I'm thrilled to upgrade to one that will.

I am so happy....and know that you all "get it" and would be happy too :sing:

My Mom got a Dyson for Christmas. The thing is AMAZING!!! She can't believe the filth she's been living in without even knowing it!! The first time she vacuumed the house with it she had to clear the bin out 5 or 6 times, and the house is not that big. Just years and years of accumulated ickiness!

I want a new vacuum too... my Bf has a 1970something kirby that weighs 6 millions pounds, and I have a cheap bissel. I hate both of them, and neither of them work right. You are so lucky! :) Have fun vacuuming!

i want a Dyson too!! I miss the days when I had no dog hair in my house, now I think sometimes that under the dog hair is a house. I hate going out in public and you have animal hair on you. Drives me nuts!! No matter how much I clean, there is aways hair. I am going to check out that Dyson!!

We have the purple Dyson, not sure what model it is. The funny thing though is that it's my DH's.......I'm not allowed to touch it for fear I might break something!!!!

the bonus is that I don't have to vacuum!

Lisa, that's the one I am buying. ExH has one and swears by it. Unfortunately, I am the only grownup here, so no escaping vacuuming for me!

susanr613 said:
Lisa, that's the one I am buying. ExH has one and swears by it. Unfortunately, I am the only grownup here, so no escaping vacuuming for me!

We've had it now for about 6 years and it works GREAT!! My DH STILL to this day has to show me the little funnel thing that collects everything to let me know what he got from each room. It amuses me though that he gets so excited about vacuuming!!

I went to Home Depot last year to get the 'regular' dyson - it's the yellow one. The only one they had was the display and I offered to buy that one if they would discount it some. It had a few scratches on it just from being in the store. They could not discount it for me so I said well I guess I would go to Lowes. So then they said well you can buy the "Animal" - the purple one - it's only about $100 more. I said I didn't need the animal one because I have a poodle and he doesn't shed. Why would I spend $100 more on one I didn't need. So as we checked out (we were getting new lighting for the house) the cashier asked if I found everything and I said well, actually, no, I didn't. I wanted this particular Dyson vaccum but the only one you have is the display. She said why don't they sell you that one at a discount? I said I don't know why don't you ask them :) So to make a long story short (or so that I don't keep going on :~D ) they ended up giving me the "Animal" for the price of the regular - they lost $100 on a brand new vaccum when I would have been happy with the display if they had only taken $50 or so off. Go figure!

I said all of that to say - I LOVE MY DYSON! Especially living on a dirt road.

I have a dyson animal vac. and I love it I vac. every day we have a cat and no more extra hair and my carpet feels so good and I use all the attachments all the time I can't imagine how I survied before this vac. I know you will love it !!!

susanr613 said:
I am also treating myself to...a Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner!/QUOTE]

Well, that certainly sucks.

:D

Gosh I hope so!

I had back surgery 6 years ago and my dear surgeon told my husband that I should never vacuum again. Even though I now carry my 40 lbs son and am better than I have ever been, my hubby won't let me vacuum. :love: I just love him. Maybe I need to get him one of these vacs!

I can totally understand being excited about a new vac!! Let me know how you like it when you get it!

I needed a new one last year and was looking into so many of them. I didn't want a bagless and was lucky enough to find a Eureka on Clearance for $16 - org. $150 - at KMart! It works great! It actually was one of the best by Consumer Reports.

When this one breaks I may have to get a Dyson - even though they don't take bags.

It's the little things in life that "do it" for us...:)

How does a Dyson work on hardwood floors?? We have some carpeting in our home but very little and will be even less someday when the rest gets replaced with hardwood also.
So do they work on bare floors and not carpeting okay?? Anyone know?

Thanks-
Kelly V :chef:

And what about ceramic tiles? My house is 50% hardwood (kitchen, staircases, dining room, hallways, upper rec room etc), 20% tile (4 washrooms and main foyer) and 30% carpet (bedrooms and lower level rec room) so I too need to know about hardwood and tile.

Congratulations, Susan. I always encourage people to dream big. ;)

I bought a yellow dyson 2 or 3 years ago for my birthday and absolutely LOVE it. The first few times I vacuumed I was amazed how dirty my house was and I had really liked my previous vacuum, Bissell. I have two dogs and the dyson works like a charm.Wood/tile/linoeum floors -- no problem, there is a little dial on mine to quickly switch it from carpet to bare floors (I think the brush part retracts or something). Anyway, I'm so glad to hear someone else go crazy over getting a new vacuum. It is Dyson for me from here on out. I bought mine online from some place in Florida and didn't pay tax or shipping.

On the wood/tile/linoeum does it get in the corners and along the base boards okay? Or does it have an attachment on the dyson to clean these areas?

I am thinking about a dyson (have for awhile now) I have a kenmore canister. It picks up dirt okay, just sick of the canister pulling behind me all the time and having to switch when I want to do carpet and then hard wood.

Kelly V

gailz2 said:
I bought a yellow dyson 2 or 3 years ago for my birthday and absolutely LOVE it. The first few times I vacuumed I was amazed how dirty my house was and I had really liked my previous vacuum, Bissell. I have two dogs and the dyson works like a charm.

Wood/tile/linoeum floors -- no problem, there is a little dial on mine to quickly switch it from carpet to bare floors (I think the brush part retracts or something). Anyway, I'm so glad to hear someone else go crazy over getting a new vacuum. It is Dyson for me from here on out. I bought mine online from some place in Florida and didn't pay tax or shipping.

We have the animal dyson and it is just amazing. Enjoy!!! You will not believe what it all picks up!

My Dyson has attachments - the handle lifts strait up so I can reach the ceiling, the insets, and the a/c vents. I can also get to the top of my cabinets w/o getting a ladder. I do have to use the attachment for the baseboards and corners - but it's no big deal. It really gets everything up! My house is Ceramic Tile, Bamboo, and carpet. It cleans all of them!

what one do you have Tara?

cookingwith_tara said:
My Dyson has attachments - the handle lifts strait up so I can reach the ceiling, the insets, and the a/c vents. I can also get to the top of my cabinets w/o getting a ladder. I do have to use the attachment for the baseboards and corners - but it's no big deal. It really gets everything up! My house is Ceramic Tile, Bamboo, and carpet. It cleans all of them!

Russell has one picked at out BB&B that he wants. He asked me last night if we were going to have enough left from things we are already doing with our return to get it.

It is wonderful to have my husband wanting the vacuum!:D:thumbup:

I want a dyson really bad but DH has one at work and he says he will never get a dyson. Maybe I will just have to go and buy one ith my PC money:rolleyes:

Just got my Dyson and I love it!!!!!
I purchased at first a new Electrolux upright at Lowe's (didn't want to spend as much as the dyson).
Well it worked great on carpeting, but not on hardword and bare floors. So back to Lowe's it went! So I got the Dyson. They (Lowe's) met a sale price at a local store and also beat it by 10% so I got a great deal by researching around for prices.
I have barely touched it. My husband has vacuumed and both of the kids! Hope the excitement for them last!! I love it when they help me with housework!!

Kelly V :chef:

Which one did you get Kelly?

I got the DC25 All Floors. I would have liked the animal with the power head attachment, but for the price I paid, I will still be ahead in the long run even when I order the attachement I want.

Kelly V.

Here's my update as I am the one who started the thread. First, many thanks to those of you who posted with your enthusiastic reviews!

I got my Dyson Animal/Ball a few weeks ago and LOOOOOVE it! It really does pick up everything and is very easy to use. I like that the hose is long enough to do all of the stairs without having to move the vacuum cleaner.

It is totally worth the money :)

Related to soExcited....about a Vacuum Cleaner ;-)

1. Can the vacuum cleaner be used on both carpets and hardwood floors?

Yes, our vacuum cleaner is designed to work on both carpets and hardwood floors. It has adjustable settings for different surface types.

2. Is the vacuum cleaner easy to maneuver?

Yes, our vacuum cleaner is lightweight and has swivel steering for easy maneuvering. It also has a low-profile design to easily reach under furniture.

3. Does the vacuum cleaner come with different attachments?

Yes, our vacuum cleaner comes with a variety of attachments for different cleaning needs such as a crevice tool, dusting brush, and upholstery tool.

4. How often do I need to change the vacuum bags?

The frequency of changing vacuum bags depends on usage and the size of the bag. Our vacuum cleaner has a large capacity bag that can last for several uses before needing to be changed.

5. Is the vacuum cleaner easy to maintain?

Yes, our vacuum cleaner has a washable filter and easy-to-empty dustbin, making it easy to maintain and keep clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crissy11
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
climbercanoe3
  • ChefJessica95765
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • pampchefrhondab