• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remembering Mr. Rogers: A Real-Life Superhero

In summary, Mr. Rogers, also known as Fred Rogers, was a beloved television personality and educator who hosted the children's show "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" from 1968 to 2001. "Remembering Mr. Rogers: A Real-Life Superhero" is a tribute event and fundraiser organized by Pampered Chef to honor his legacy, featuring a screening of the documentary "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" and a themed cooking demonstration. The event will take place on [date] at [location] and is open to all ages, though parental discretion is advised for the documentary. Ways to get involved include purchasing tickets, making a donation, sharing the event on social media, and volunteering.
susanr613
Gold Member
Wandering around on CNN I found an article about Mr. Rogers, whom I adored as a kid and again when I had my own DS.

Sounds like he walked the talk and was an authentic human being. Enjoy -

http://blogs.static.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/20005.html

Is Mr rogers even on anymore? I havent seen that show forever

I don't think so. I know he died a few years ago. How nice to know that he was really a good guy just like on TV.

He was a great man. He spoke at my husband's college graduation with a much better speach then William F. Buckley!

The show still airs on PBS here. It seems that he was a wonderful man.

One thing I think back on was that my husband who is a Marine said that Mr Rogers was a Marine and always wore the sweaters and long sleeve because he had tattoos all up and down his arms. Found that interesting.

That is interesting about the tattoos, but that just goes to show you that the tattoos don't make a person, the person makes a person.

Well said Andrea. I have to admit I loved Mr Rogers when I was younger. I actually wanted to marry him or maybe a son of his, but that time of my life is long gone.He was an inspiration on how to treat others.

He did a show about his sweaters one time that I remember very vividly (especially since my daughter watches the show and it was on again about 2 months ago).
His mother knitted every single one of the sweaters that he wore on his show. I thought that was pretty cool...

Related to Remembering Mr. Rogers: A Real-Life Superhero

1. Who is Mr. Rogers?

Mr. Rogers, also known as Fred Rogers, was a beloved television personality and educator who hosted the children's show "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" from 1968 to 2001. He was known for his kind and gentle demeanor and his dedication to promoting the social and emotional well-being of children.

2. What is "Remembering Mr. Rogers: A Real-Life Superhero"?

"Remembering Mr. Rogers: A Real-Life Superhero" is a tribute event and fundraiser organized by Pampered Chef to honor the legacy of Fred Rogers. It includes a screening of the documentary "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" and a themed cooking demonstration featuring Pampered Chef products.

3. When and where is the event taking place?

The event will take place on [date] at [location]. Please check our website for specific details and to purchase tickets.

4. Can I bring my children to the event?

Yes, this event is open to all ages. However, please be aware that the documentary may contain some sensitive topics and parental discretion is advised.

5. How can I get involved or support this event?

There are a few ways you can get involved with this event. You can purchase tickets and attend the screening and cooking demonstration, or you can make a donation to support the fundraiser. Additionally, you can help spread the word by sharing the event on social media or inviting friends and family to attend. We are also accepting volunteers to help with various tasks during the event. Please contact us for more information on how to get involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy