• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Parallels: Running Windows on my MacBook!

In summary, DH bought me Parallels for Christmas. It arrived today. I'm running P3 on my MacBook without having to go through Boot Camp. It's weird to see both the Dock on the right and the Windows task bar on the bottom of the screen. Hehe!
chefann
Gold Member
DH bought me Parallels for Christmas. It arrived today. I'm running P3 on my MacBook without having to go through Boot Camp. :D It's weird to see both the Dock on the right and the Windows task bar on the bottom of the screen.

Hehe! Yes, that's nerdy that you're excited about that! ;) My brother helped my parents pick out their new iMac over the holidays, and he got them Parallels, too. It's pretty cool stuff! Now, if only they could find the Windows software they bought a few years ago...!! (My parents are packrats, but of course, they can't find a $250 software cd!!!). Enjoy your new stuff!!

Okay... now I'm jealous! I'll have to check this out tonight! ;)

<giggle> DH installed it on all 3 computers that will run it. :)

Bring yours tonight, Colleen! We can nerd it up while we eat cake. :)

COOL!Nerds unite WITH CAKE! Really, does it get any better than that?

I have a bottle of wine.
And a wireless network.:D

It looks like SpongeBob. It's a lemon cake in a Rectangular Baker.

(Someone is going to look at this thread two years from now and not have a clue about that cross-thread reference!)

Heck, someone will look at it tomorrow and not know what the he-double-hockey-sticks is means.

chefann said:
Heck, someone will look at it tomorrow and not know what the he-double-hockey-sticks is means.
I'm looking at it today and I don't know what it means! :angel:

chefann said:
DH bought me Parallels for Christmas. It arrived today. I'm running P3 on my MacBook without having to go through Boot Camp. :D It's weird to see both the Dock on the right and the Windows task bar on the bottom of the screen.
huh?.......

Just ignore her, Linda, it's Macspeak.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Just ignore her, Linda, it's Macspeak.
I guess that a special code for nerds? No wonder I didn't get it! LOL

Annie, you do know that I love you?......right?....I really really do!

It would be appropriate for Beaker to say,AppleAppleAppleAppleAppleApple

It would, but she doesn't. She says one "apple" though.CORN!!

Related to Parallels: Running Windows on my MacBook!

1. How do I install Parallels on my MacBook?

To install Parallels on your MacBook, you will need to purchase and download the software from the official Parallels website. Once downloaded, simply double-click the installation file and follow the prompts to complete the installation process.

2. Can I run all Windows applications on my MacBook using Parallels?

Yes, with Parallels, you can run virtually any Windows application on your MacBook. However, some resource-intensive applications may not run as smoothly as they would on a native Windows computer.

3. Will running Windows on my MacBook using Parallels slow down my computer?

Running Windows on your MacBook using Parallels may slightly slow down your computer, as it is essentially running two operating systems at once. However, with enough RAM and processing power, the impact should be minimal and hardly noticeable.

4. Can I transfer files between my Mac and Windows within Parallels?

Yes, Parallels has a feature called "Shared Folders" that allows you to easily transfer files between your Mac and Windows operating systems. Simply set up a shared folder in Parallels and then access it from either operating system.

5. Do I need to purchase a separate Windows license to use Parallels on my MacBook?

Yes, in order to use Parallels and run Windows on your MacBook, you will need to purchase a separate Windows license. Parallels does not come with a Windows license included.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • pctharper
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
  • babywings76