• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Losing Info from Uninstalling P3: Error Msg & Backup Worries

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of potentially losing important information when uninstalling P3. The person has been experiencing an error message since doing an update and has not backed up in a while. However, they are reassured that all of their info is stored in a backup file and as long as they have that, they will be fine. The conversation also mentions the importance of regularly backing up files and the option to do so when prompted by P3. Some tips for avoiding potential issues are also shared, such as doing manual updates and saving backups on a flash drive instead of just the hard drive. Overall, the conversation emphasizes the importance of backing up regularly and taking precautions to avoid potential data loss.
PamperedChefLayla
Gold Member
Will I lose all of my info if I uninstall P3. I have been getting an error message since I did the update this morning. I have not backed up in a while. I know I know I know that is wrong. P3 help is closed today. Has anybody had this??

All of your info is stored in the backup file. So long as you have that, you will be fine.

i have not been great at backing up but i now have lessons learned.......the hard way

It asks you once a week if you want to backup your files. It does that for a reason.Good luck. Hope you don't lose too much.

If you haven't backed up, wait until tomorrow to talk to Tech Support. P3 creates its own backup files that Tech Support can help you find, but will be erased if you uninstall.

Also, try doing a manual update from the website, see if that fixes the error.

NooraK if I was near you I would kiss you!!!! All is well with P3 now. Thanks I will back up everytime it asks me LOL

And make sure that your "backup" is on a flash drive and NOT just on your hard drive. If your Hard Drive becomes corrupt or your computer dies you may not be able to retrieve it.

I backed up this morning and have been getting an error message since then too. Mine has been updated recently also, so I don't think it is because you haven't backed up in a while. Hate it too.....I needed to print out receipts for my last show.

Funny - I got an error as well after an automatic update today. I pulled in the Manual one from the website and no error! I wonder if some thing got goofed up in the automatic one. I too ALWAYS back mine up and yes, I use a flash or jump drive. I am never taking a chance on a back up file on my computer. I actually will do a back up any time I make a change. Even if it is only adding a contact. It won't hurt the flash drive and man it saves a ton of headaches!

pampered1224 said:
I actually will do a back up any time I make a change. Even if it is only adding a contact.

This is what I do. Well, not for every contact (but I also use Google as my main contact database), but every time I enter orders, or close a show, etc.

Related to Losing Info from Uninstalling P3: Error Msg & Backup Worries

What is P3 and why am I receiving an error message when I try to uninstall it?

P3 is a software program used for managing and organizing recipes and meal plans. The error message you are receiving may indicate that there was an issue during the uninstall process, such as a missing file or conflicting software.

Will uninstalling P3 delete all of my saved recipes and meal plans?

Yes, uninstalling P3 will delete all of your saved information. It is important to backup your data before uninstalling to avoid losing any important recipes or meal plans.

How can I backup my data before uninstalling P3?

To backup your data, open P3 and go to the "File" menu. Select "Backup Data" and choose a location to save the backup file. This file can then be imported into P3 if needed in the future.

I have already uninstalled P3 without backing up my data. Is there any way to recover my lost information?

If you did not backup your data before uninstalling P3, unfortunately there is no way to recover it. It is important to regularly backup your data to avoid losing any important information.

I am having trouble uninstalling P3 and am concerned about losing my data. What should I do?

If you are experiencing issues with uninstalling P3, it is recommended to contact Pampered Chef customer support for assistance. They may be able to help resolve any errors and safely uninstall the program without losing your data.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies