• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

KG & Christ Follower: Nice to Meet You at Conference!

In summary, KG and Christ Follower met for the first time at the conference and they had a great time. KG says one of the members from her National Director's downline treated her rudely and she has a new friend.
SusanBP0129
Just wanted to say it was nice to officially meet you at conference! (on the line to board the buses to the Sheraton...)

"KG" & "Christ Follower" were the only 2 Cheffers I got to meet since I wasn't able to attend the Meet N Greet. :(

PS: Conference was GREAT!!!

I'm with ya! Sorry you missed the MnG - you'll really know when Ann gets around to posting the pics she took.Oh, speaking of, if a photo shows up with me wearing the tutti-frutti hat, it was Photoshopped.

Haha!!!:D KG you crack me up!
Yeah, where the heck is Ann at?????:confused: I want to see more photos!:)

I missed the MnG too, and I am so disappointed! I really wanted to meet more cheffers, and I am soooo bummed that Ann and I never were able to connect!

A story that you might enjoy...When I went to get on the train yesterday, one cluster of those peers from my National Director's downline came into the waiting room. One of them recognized me, I could tell by her eyes. The rest of the group acted like I was just dirty laundry. They were actually sitting NEXT to me in the chairs and even when I said something to them, just acted like I was invisible. (ALL of you would recognize one of them, too, and be even more surprised at her arrogant, "I'm a Director and YOU'RE not" attitude than I was!)Sitting across the way from me was a lady who was sitting with a huge suitcase and she was reading a book. She smiled at me a couple of times and also checked out the Clucker Cluster, too. When it came time to board and she stood up, she had her conference tote bag! I started to talk to her, when he members of the Clucker Cluster saw her logo tote, they talked to her, for about 15 seconds, before they went back to their own little world.So she and I started talking, it turns out she came all the way from England to attend conference and visit relatives in the area. We had a delightful chat on the train and I have a new friend - so I can now claim I have better Cheffer friends in ENGLAND than I do at home.Watch for her here after she gets home, too!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
A story that you might enjoy...

When I went to get on the train yesterday, one cluster of those peers from my National Director's downline came into the waiting room. One of them recognized me, I could tell by her eyes. The rest of the group acted like I was just dirty laundry. They were actually sitting NEXT to me in the chairs and even when I said something to them, just acted like I was invisible. (ALL of you would recognize one of them, too, and be even more surprised at her arrogant, "I'm a Director and YOU'RE not" attitude than I was!)

Sitting across the way from me was a lady who was sitting with a huge suitcase and she was reading a book. She smiled at me a couple of times and also checked out the Clucker Cluster, too. When it came time to board and she stood up, she had her conference tote bag! I started to talk to her, when he members of the Clucker Cluster saw her logo tote, they talked to her, for about 15 seconds, before they went back to their own little world.

So she and I started talking, it turns out she came all the way from England to attend conference and visit relatives in the area. We had a delightful chat on the train and I have a new friend - so I can now claim I have better Cheffer friends in ENGLAND than I do at home.

Watch for her here after she gets home, too!
Okay, now I'm trippin, you can't just throw that out there on this board and expect inquiry minds just Igot to know, won't take the bite!
Wow! Sorry KG! That is rude that you were treated like that. Was it someone from here? I sure the he** hope not!:(

Last edited:
No, I'm sure they are WAY to important to waste their time on a forum like this one.

KG, I hate I didn't see you! I also hate I couldn't make it to the M&G on Monday night, but my cluster went to dinner and we got home later than I'd expected. Ann said y'all had a great time. Can't wait to see "the picture."

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, I'm sure they are WAY to important to waste their time on a forum like this one.
Okay, that being said.... who the he** treated you like that, so I can go beat them up!:D :mad: :eek: ;) ..... WHO, WHO, WHO??:confused: I sound like an owl now! If you don't want to post it on here you can pm me or
email.... I'm not one for much gossip but this irks me!!!! I'm very overprotective and territorial and hate the way snooty people are! You don't have to tell me but I sure want to know!:eek: ;)

I swear, KG and I were following each other around all conference! We had 2 workshops together, and I ran into him at both breakfasts.On a side note- everyone has GOT to get their career sales up to get to the Career Club lunch. This was my first year there, and the food was so much better than the general lunch has been (salad, chicken Wellington with rice and veg, chocolate mini bundt cake with raspberry sauce).KG- I hate that you were treated that way! Ack! I'm glad I don't know your cluster, or I'd go beat them up, too.

chefann said:
I swear, KG and I were following each other around all conference! We had 2 workshops together, and I ran into him at both breakfasts.

On a side note- everyone has GOT to get their career sales up to get to the Career Club lunch. This was my first year there, and the food was so much better than the general lunch has been (salad, chicken Wellington with rice and veg, chocolate mini bundt cake with raspberry sauce).

KG- I hate that you were treated that way! Ack! I'm glad I don't know your cluster, or I'd go beat them up, too.

ANN! I am completely bummed that I never ran into you - I was specifically looking for you at the Career Club luncheon - but never saw you......it was mass confusion getting a seat in there though.
And you are right! The luncheon was so good! And my cluster-mates who were at the general lunch were hungry a few hours later.....but I was okay! (that cake was mmmm-mmmm good!)

chefann said:
chocolate mini bundt cake with raspberry sauce).

Mmmmm, sooooo goooood!

KG, sorry you were treated that way on the train. I know it wasn't my "sister" cluster. They took the 5:08 pm train (don't know what time you left), and JUST made it on time! Seeing that we're in the same downline somewhere, maybe I know who you're talking about... Does the director's first name start with an R? Also, where were you for the exec dinner? I looked for you but couldn't find you.

And, finally, to put a positive spin on the train incident. Maybe they were so awed by your incredible handsome-ness (is that a word) that they were speechless?

1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

11111111111111111111115That's my Scottish Terrierist typing with his nose.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

That's my Scottish Terrierist typing with his nose.

Whew! I'm glad you 'splained that! i usually get your jokes....and I was completely stumped!:D :rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
ANN! I am completely bummed that I never ran into you - I was specifically looking for you at the Career Club luncheon - but never saw you......it was mass confusion getting a seat in there though.
And you are right! The luncheon was so good! And my cluster-mates who were at the general lunch were hungry a few hours later.....but I was okay! (that cake was mmmm-mmmm good!)
I was in the very back row of $50k tables, just to the right of the center (if you consider the stage at the front to be the center). I didn't know you were going to be there, or I would have looked for you. Dianevill sat next to me at my table. And I know I was talking too much because I was the last person at our table to finish the entree. :)

I wasn't exclusive. They were holding their noses up in the air to the rest of the world, too.There's more to success than big numbers.It's their problem, not mine.

chefann said:
And I know I was talking too much because I was the last person at our table to finish the entree. :)
Something else we have in common.

Of course, I'm always last to finish the entree for another reason. ;)

KG...

Well, they sure missed out on a great conversation by ignoring you! I'M sure glad I got to meet you! BTW... did you ever remember that street in Cincinnati you mentioned?

William Howard Taft Road. (855 is the address.)How can they even pretend to fit that on a street sign?The hospital we spoke of is on Auburn Avenue.

Ohh... yep, I know that hospital... The Christ Hospital... had my first DS there (the rest showed up at Good Samaritan). Now I know why I couldn't figure out which one you were talking about... we all just call it Taft. If I remember, the next time I'm out that way (not very often, but there occasionally), I'll take a picture of the street sign!

dianevill said:
Mmmmm, sooooo goooood!

KG, sorry you were treated that way on the train. I know it wasn't my "sister" cluster. They took the 5:08 pm train (don't know what time you left), and JUST made it on time! Seeing that we're in the same downline somewhere, maybe I know who you're talking about... Does the director's first name start with an R? Also, where were you for the exec dinner? I looked for you but couldn't find you.

And, finally, to put a positive spin on the train incident. Maybe they were so awed by your incredible handsome-ness (is that a word) that they were speechless?
I don't remember her name and I don't really give a rat's ass, either. I'll know her if I see her again, so I'll have plenty of time to cross the street and use the other sidewalk.

They weren't awed by me because they were too busy being awed by themselves.

I wish we could have all eaten together at one of the meals. It was very hard for me to listen, concentrate, or talk at the Meet N' Greet. I don't do well with loud noise and I was sooo tired. But I did wear the hat. Ann is incredibly sweet and somehow got me to wear it. Maybe at leadership we can all meet again, because we are all going to make it, right? 15 calls and counting since I arrived home last night. I talked to at least 8 in person. My mind is buzzing with conversations I still need and want to have. AND I'm not counting the phone call to Becky D as a 3-2-1 type contact, though it was a very good call, of course.

katie0128 said:
Ohh... yep, I know that hospital... The Christ Hospital... had my first DS there (the rest showed up at Good Samaritan). Now I know why I couldn't figure out which one you were talking about... we all just call it Taft. If I remember, the next time I'm out that way (not very often, but there occasionally), I'll take a picture of the street sign!
That's okay, the liklihood is that I'll never have to go to that store again, anyway.

katie0128 said:
KG...

Well, they sure missed out on a great conversation by ignoring you! I'M sure glad I got to meet you! BTW... did you ever remember that street in Cincinnati you mentioned?
They also missed out on meeting the delightful cheffer from England!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's okay, the liklihood is that I'll never have to go to that store again, anyway.

Become a FD and you can visit when you come to Cincy in January!

I'll meet you at the left-hander near your house. ;)

What??? Oh wait... I get it!!! Sounds like a good plan! (Sorry, still a bit sleepy... kiddos didn't want to go to bed after I got home last night!)

ChefBeckyD said:
Whew! I'm glad you 'splained that! i usually get your jokes....and I was completely stumped!:D :rolleyes:
My little pal insists on sitting on my lap today and he keeps putting his nose on the numeric keypad!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
My little pal insists on sitting on my lap today and he keeps putting his nose on the numeric keypad!

My little pal is making me type with one hand, so the other can stay around him......and he thinks the gift from our Executive Banquet is a gift I brought home for him......so I haven't been able to pry it out of his hand yet!
(of course, my little pal is of the human persuasion......;) )

I've only been gone about 5 hours and I already miss that nose on the keypad.

JAE said:
But I did wear the hat. Ann is incredibly sweet and somehow got me to wear it.
I don't know that it was sweetness. I remember telling several people to, "Do it! Doooooooo it!"

Related to KG & Christ Follower: Nice to Meet You at Conference!

1. What is the Meet N Greet at Pampered Chef Conference?

The Meet N Greet is an event at Pampered Chef Conference where attendees can meet and network with other Cheffers from different areas and teams.

2. Was the conference a good experience?

Yes, the conference was a great experience filled with learning, networking, and fun activities.

3. How was the opportunity to meet KG and Christ Follower?

It was a pleasure to finally meet KG and Christ Follower at the conference. They are both friendly and knowledgeable Cheffers.

4. Can you attend the Meet N Greet if you didn't sign up for it?

Unfortunately, no. The Meet N Greet is a pre-registered event and only those who signed up for it can attend.

5. Will there be another chance to meet other Cheffers if I missed the Meet N Greet?

Yes, there will be plenty of opportunities to meet and network with other Cheffers throughout the conference, such as during meals and breaks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies