• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Johnny Depp Filming Near You?

In summary, Public Enemies is a film about John Dillinger and it is being filmed close to where the author lives. Johnny Depp and Christian Bale are in the cast. Dillinger's story has been told before, but this is the third time it has been filmed. The movie is set in the 1930s and there is a wall so thick that bullets bounce off it.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I could care less since I never go ga-ga over TV, film or music personalities, but for those who do...

Public Enemies has been filming only about 15-20 miles from me in Manitowish Waters at Little Bohemia.

I bet they were a LITTLE surprised this weekend with the snow. (They had to change the shooting schedule up a bit.)

Anyway, Johnny Depp has been around and I think Christian Bale.

The movie of course is about John Dillinger...

Public Enemies (2009)

:eek: YES!! I've always been a Johnny Depp fan since 21 Jump Street. THey were filming not too far from here too (Aurora, IL) and I would have loved to go watch the filming. On some website somewhere (I think it's the one someone linked to from here that talked about the autographed HWC stuff being auctioned off), they were also auctioning off a non-speaking role in one of his films AND to be in a scene with him. How cool would that be. When I looked, the bid was around $12,000.

I love Johnny Depp in pirates of the carribean, but I haven't ever seen any of his other movies other than Edward Scissorhands. One of my friends is a HUGE Jonny Depp fan and she is always trying to loan me his movies.

But Christian Bale.....:love:

Since he seems to play really bizarre characters, and since Michael Mann tends to direct some really bizarre stuff, I can't help but wonder how Dillinger is gonna come off in this one.They Dillinger story has been told at least three times before and none of them were that good.

LOVE HIM!! :love: Have since Nightmare on Elm Street! Wish I was there. :(

He is one of the most intriguing actors. The characters he plays are awesome. Love the Carribean series...can't get enough of them (or him).

He was here in Northwest Indiana a few weeks ago. Dillinger escaped from the jail in Crown Point and they were using the old jail and surrounding town as backdrops (many buildings there are that old!).

Caused quite a stir! Like "Hollywood Comes To Mayberry" from the Andy Griffith Show!

Last edited:
jwpamp said:
He was here in Northwest Indiana a few weeks ago. Dillinger escaped from the jail in Crown Point and they were using the old jail and surrounding town as backdrops (many buildings there are that old!).

Caused quite a stir! Like "Hollywood Comes To Mayberry" from the Andy Griffith Show!

I have cousins in Crown Point!

Interesting...

Here's a little piece of historyIn downtown Goshen, Indiana, there is a rather unique piece of history that was built thanks to John Dillinger and those like him. In the 1930's, there were three banks on the four corners. In 1939, the city fathers got tired of the banks being robbed, with the gangsters making their escape on the Lincoln Highway.

IM002934.jpg
IM002937.jpg
IM002938.jpg

The walls are incredibly thick. The bullet-proof glass is getting cloudy but the old fortress is still there.

Very interesting KG.

I will also show my age by admitting I went totally GaGa for Johnny Depp in 21 jump street and Nightmare on elm street.

Still love him although some of his movies are a bit too bizzarre for me.

I was in Goshen, Indiana last year and I can't believe my friend the native didn't show that to me!I love Johnny Depp ... he is different in every film he's in .... Have to say Sweeney Todd was a little creepy for my tastes.

I bet most people who live in Goshen have driven past it so many times that they don't even see it anymore, and may not even know what it is.

My sister is actually going to be an extra in this new Johnny Depp movie - she was a theatre major in college and emailed about getting to be an extra. They called her downtown in Chicago for a meeting and she'll be filming a couple of scenes down there in a couple of weeks. One is in front of the Biograph Theatre. She's very excited to say the least!

Gina M said:
My sister is actually going to be an extra in this new Johnny Depp movie - she was a theatre major in college and emailed about getting to be an extra. They called her downtown in Chicago for a meeting and she'll be filming a couple of scenes down there in a couple of weeks. One is in front of the Biograph Theatre. She's very excited to say the least!
Oh my gosh, Gina, that is so cool!! I'm so jealous. At least I can say I've met your sister!!!:D

pamperedbecky said:
Oh my gosh, Gina, that is so cool!! I'm so jealous. At least I can say I've met your sister!!!:D

You can say you knew her when! Actually she was an extra in a movie years ago when she was in college called With Honors - with Joe Pesci, Brendan Fraser and Patrick Dempsey. She got to meet both Fraser and Dempsey and Dempsey actually dropped his pants to loosen the crowd up and she saw every bit of McDreamy!(if you know what I mean!) - she tells her high school students that she coaches in acting and they can't believe it.

I loved Johnny Depp in 21 Jump Street. I thought he was so hot! Now I think he's a bit strange, but he's an incredible actor. I love him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Pirates.

I'm not a huge fan, but he did a few movies that I thought were worth watching and he was very good in them.
My favorite with him was Benny & Joon. I liked the first Pirates movie and Chocolat and Finding Neverland made me cry.
I was too young to watch the Nightmare movies. However, now that I'm older, I do like them every now and then.

All that to say, if he were ever around filming, I would not pass up the opportunity to meet him...

Related to Is Johnny Depp Filming Near You?

1. Who is Johnny Depp?

Johnny Depp is a famous American actor, producer, and musician. He rose to fame in the 1980s with his role in the television series 21 Jump Street and has since starred in numerous blockbuster films, including Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice in Wonderland, and Edward Scissorhands.

2. How did Johnny Depp become an actor?

Johnny Depp's acting career began in the early 1980s when he dropped out of high school to pursue music. He was introduced to actor Nicolas Cage, who encouraged him to audition for roles in Hollywood. He landed his first major role in the film A Nightmare on Elm Street and continued to build his career from there.

3. What are some of Johnny Depp's most famous roles?

Some of Johnny Depp's most iconic roles include Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, Willy Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland. He has also received critical acclaim for his roles in films such as Edward Scissorhands, Finding Neverland, and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

4. Is Johnny Depp married?

No, Johnny Depp is currently not married. He was previously married to makeup artist Lori Anne Allison from 1983 to 1985 and actress Amber Heard from 2015 to 2017. He has two children from previous relationships, Lily-Rose Depp and John Christopher Depp III.

5. Does Johnny Depp have any upcoming projects?

Yes, Johnny Depp has several upcoming projects in the works. He will reprise his role as Gellert Grindelwald in the third installment of the Fantastic Beasts film series, which is set to release in 2022. He is also set to star in the upcoming film Minamata and is rumored to be involved in a new Pirates of the Caribbean film.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Back