• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Maximize Bookings and Sales for My Upcoming Show?

In summary, Nancy is looking for ways to increase her sales from her upcoming big show. She is considering an interactive show and is hopeful that it will be a success.
milkangel
I have a big show coming up on monday any ideas? i will be gone till sat becuse of my daughters surgery. i want to get bookings on this one and to get high sales. what can i do? this host is very excited and she says tha ther friends are excited too becuse they have a consultant comin g to that town. she has her list made up and it is a big one.

I do interactive shows only. On crowds that large, we have three work stations. The guests get to choose which recipe they want to work on. I give them all the tools, the ingredients (that the host bought) and the recipe and let them have at it. I just stand back and answer questions. They LOVE it. Of course it gets really loud in there, usually like a bunch of hens cackling! But they all have a great time. When they are at a stall in their recipe (like waiting their turn for the microwave or have their recipe in the oven) ... they tend to get nosy & go ask another group what they are doing. :D

BTW, with 20 guests you should break $1,200! That would be your best show ever if your stats are updated her on CS! (((fingers crossed))) that it's VERY successful for you AND for your host. :D

The hardest thing you are going to have with a crowd that large is crowd control--my suggestion: 1) keep them involved (I personally wouldn;t do an interactive show with a crowd that large, I would totally lose them)--maybe the "did you know" cards--sprinkled thorughout the audience and when you have a little break in your demo have them read them. The other idea is to print the product cards from your printable materials cd and have them thorughout the audience, then when you pick up a tool ask "who's got the card on the _________? " and ask them to read it. I have great luck with this and someone always chimes in with something else about that tool. It's also a great recruiting trick--people in the audience see how easy it is to talk about the tools because PC tells you things to share. the other tip is 2) RELAX. They are going to talk, they are going to have fun--let them--it's a party. When the talking gets too much, just clear your throat and jokingly say..."ok, moving on with PC"..they will laugh and have a good time. You will get more bookings if you are not uptight with them. Have fun and they will have fun. Set your order taking station up where you have a chance to sit down and tally up their order. If they start to line up with their orders, tell them "I want you to be able to chat...go ahead and give me your order and when I have it tallied I will call you up one at a time to go over it". That way you don't have a big line at checkout and feel pressed--I always make mistakes when I do that. Good for you--this could be a big break for you!

Nancy, you should try the interactive! ;) My recruiter decided to quit the business & gave away all of her customers to the downline. I just did a show for one of her hosts who always does $1,000 shows. This was the host's first time doing the interactive show. 1 month after the show, she told me that her guests were STILL talking about it. They had been to several of her shows and LOVED the hands on more than the previous shows!!! :D There were 16 who ended up buying (lots more in the room with the husbands & the teens). Her show finished at $1,234.75 in guest sales. That's a hair over $77 average per person. The host ended up spending $815.50 (after her $265 in FPV) so the show closed at $1,346.75 - my 2nd to the largest show thus far. (She wants to be a consultant, but being a government employee on a military base with clients who would be her customers is a huge no-no. She's already gotten into trouble for letting clients order from her shows. She's afraid they would fire her for becoming a consultant. It's a conflict of interest. :()

I have done interactive shows for years--even before PC started pushing them. I just feel with my style that it's too hard to control that many people. I do them, I just do them if the crowd is under 12 guests.

I will be doing the interactive one becuse i told her that we will. we are 4 timesing the cheesbuger one. so i need help

I'll be saying a few prayers for you!! (Not only for it to go well, but for your peace of mind)

I wouldn't do an interactive show with a crowd that big.......but since you have already told host you will I would do it like this........break them into teams (kinda like a survivor or Amazing Race show) and make each time make the dish and have someone (hostess or her spouse) judge who's made it the best.....best looking, best tasting, etc.

But that would mean having to have 4 sets of each tool, and I wouldn't have that, so that might not work.

Or break them into 2 groups and have one group make the main dish and have others do a dessert or even have one set of friends be the hands on (actually using the tools) and the other set being the commentators??

HTH,

Lisa

milkangel said:
I will be doing the interactive one becuse i told her that we will. we are 4 timesing the cheesbuger one. so i need help

I would not make 4 times the amount, maybe double but nevet 4 times the amount of a recipe. The host can serve other things on the side.

One thing I do is when I make out the nametags, I put the name of an ingredient or product as the "last name". Everyone gets a good laugh and it helps those who don't like to "volunteer" to participate as well. I also do a "cheerleader"/"cop". My cheerleader has a "clapper" when anyone says something nice or good to make noise. The cop has a toy gun (I got one for $1 at the Dollar Tree that makes crazy sounds when the trigger is pulled) and shoots anyone who makes a negative comment. This seems to help with crowd control! Good luck!Also only use a 2-week calendar. When you do full-service checkout, ask EVERYONE about booking. Find out the best night then say, my first open Tuesday (or whatever) is the xxth (give 2 weeks from the Show date week). Tell them that most people know more what they are doing in the next two weeks than they do for the next month. Get them to commit to a date if at all possible that night. Follow up the next day by phone and get them a Host packet.Good luck!

update on show, she had expected 20 but 8 showed up and had 2 out side orders before i came. and she show last night was around 522 so not tobad and i know she really wants top get to 1000 becuse she has a big wish list. i sold 7 of the new 2 cup prep bowls last night. and no bookings :(

Encourage her to follows up with those 12 who didn't show up! If they didn't get a mini-catalog with an invitation, maybe see if she wants to give them all a mini-catalog to look at (if you don't want ot give out 12 full size catalogs- otherwise, maybe give full-size ones).Bummer about the bookings- but maybe following up with outside orders could yield one or two that way?

Not to change the subject, but how are things with your little one. I was just thinking (and praying) for you and her last night.

thinks are going good and she is now back to her old self again. she had surgery on thus last week and we got out friday morning. she came home with a tube out of her kiddney to drain it and yesterday morning we pluged the tube and she is doing great no trouble with that so next monday she gets the tube out. we go back in 6 weeks for an exray. thank you all for your prayers.

Related to How Can I Maximize Bookings and Sales for My Upcoming Show?

1. How many guests should I invite to my Pampered Chef show?

It is recommended to invite at least 20 guests to your Pampered Chef show. This will ensure a good turnout and increase your chances of earning host rewards.

2. Is there a minimum purchase requirement for guests at the show?

There is no minimum purchase requirement for guests at the show. However, it is recommended that guests bring their own shopping list and be prepared to make a purchase.

3. How long does a Pampered Chef show typically last?

A Pampered Chef show typically lasts 2-3 hours. This includes time for introductions, product demonstrations, and ordering.

4. Can I choose the menu for my Pampered Chef show?

Yes, you can work with your Pampered Chef consultant to choose the menu for your show. They will provide a variety of options for you to choose from based on your preferences and dietary restrictions.

5. Can I earn free products as a host of a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, as a host of a Pampered Chef show, you can earn free products based on the total sales from your show. The more sales, the more free products you can earn. Your consultant will provide more details on host rewards during the planning process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
milkangel
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • Kenzie09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JackieB999