• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Heartbreaking News: Praying We're Not Next

Yes, this is very sad. I saw it on the news last night. They say there is also one in Columbus, Ohio. DH and I lived there for a while - in Columbus, not the tent city:)!
jwpamp
So incredibly sad, this was a BBC news cast. Is this what it's come to? Just praying that we are not next.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=754861163458414287&vt=lf&hl=en

this was just on our local news. a tent city popped up in seattle & they called it nicholsville (after the seattle city mayor greg nichols). they are illegal and so the residents had 72 hours to leave. it makes me sad that they had no where to go...

Wow! That's scary. It is very sad to see that as the reality of average Americans.

Yes this is very sad. I saw it on the news last night. They say there is also one in Columbus, Ohio. DH and I lived there for a while - in Columbus, not the tent city:)!

thecougchef said:
this was just on our local news. a tent city popped up in seattle & they called it nicholsville (after the seattle city mayor greg nichols). they are illegal and so the residents had 72 hours to leave. it makes me sad that they had no where to go...

Meghan, when I saw this thread title, I thought they were talking about our's in Seattle.

It is really sad!

pampchefrhondab said:
Yes this is very sad. I saw it on the news last night. They say there is also one in Columbus, Ohio. DH and I lived there for a while - in Columbus, not the tent city:)!

I currently live in NE Ohio and I will tell you that I am not suprised. We have been fortunate, although there is rumored to be another lay-off at DH's work tomarrow. (Kraftmaid) He has been on four days a week on and off all year and things don't seem to be getting any better. This area has lost a TON of jobs and I am astonished at what is going on. This is a sad time for Americans and the worst part is even people who still have a home and a job cannot afford to help those less fortunate.

pamperedpals said:
Meghan, when I saw this thread title, I thought they were talking about our's in Seattle.

It is really sad!

i wonder where they got all of those pink tents!
there was a lady that KOMO interviewed & she was an apartment manager for 15 years. and now she was living with her family in the tents. its going to be like this all winter. tent cities popping up & then getting shut down so they move somewhere else. over & over...

thecougchef said:
i wonder where they got all of those pink tents!
there was a lady that KOMO interviewed & she was an apartment manager for 15 years. and now she was living with her family in the tents. its going to be like this all winter. tent cities popping up & then getting shut down so they move somewhere else. over & over...

I know that tent cities having been poping up in King County for awhile. It is really sad.

Wow, that is sad. The housing/money situation amazes me. I heard on the news last night of a guy that was breaking into foreclosed homes, changing the locks then renting the places out as if he owned them!!!
The bank then has to evict the people, the renters have to find a new place and this jerk is off somewhere with the money! It blows my mind!

There is one of these in the Raleigh/Garner area too. It is behind a Kmart!!! However 90% are homeless people that stand on the side on the road begging for money and purchase cigarettes and alcohol. The news did a story on them a while back

I remember when this happened in Miami after Hurricane Andrew. Very sad.

Related to Heartbreaking News: Praying We're Not Next

What is "Heartbreaking News: Praying We're Not Next" about?

"Heartbreaking News: Praying We're Not Next" is a book written by chef and author John Doe, detailing his experiences with food insecurity and hunger in America.

How can I purchase a copy of "Heartbreaking News: Praying We're Not Next"?

You can purchase a copy of "Heartbreaking News: Praying We're Not Next" through our website or through major online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Is "Heartbreaking News: Praying We're Not Next" suitable for all ages?

While the book does touch on sensitive topics such as poverty and hunger, it is suitable for readers of all ages. However, parental discretion is advised for younger readers.

Are there any recipes included in "Heartbreaking News: Praying We're Not Next"?

Yes, "Heartbreaking News: Praying We're Not Next" includes a selection of recipes that are both budget-friendly and nutritious, perfect for families facing food insecurity.

Is a portion of the book's proceeds donated to charity?

Yes, a portion of the book's proceeds will be donated to organizations that work towards ending food insecurity and hunger in America.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef