• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Ready for the Holidays - Check Out Our Shippable Catalog Starting Oct. 1st!

In summary, the conversation is about the different ways people celebrate Christmas and when they start thinking about it. Some people start as early as September, while others wait until after Thanksgiving. The topic also includes how stores stock their shelves with Christmas items, often before Halloween has even passed. Some participants mention their traditions and memories of Christmas past.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I jsut got my weekly bites email... their doing a holiday catalog that is shipped with the host order as of Oct. 1st whoo!!!!! FInaly!!!!

What do you mean finally?? Do you have peopleChristmas shopping in September? Nobody thinks about Christmas here until after Thanksgiving! We put up our tree after Thanksgiving dinner and we are by FAR the first one in the neighborhood!

Are you kidding?? There have been Christmas things in the store here since the end of August. I usually am done shopping by October.

Last year the stores had xmas stuff out by halloween.

That is insane!! I can't imagine even thinking about Christmas until there is snow on the ground! I am pushing November for the sellathon by offering "early" Christmas shopping shows!!

Back when I did xmas rather than chanukah I usually had most of my shopping done by June with 90% of it done by the end of January.

The stores around here got it a little backwards.... Costco has like three rows full of Christmas stuff and one little tiny corner for holloween. and Fred Myers has rows and rows of holloween stuff and a little corner for christmas stuff... what is up with that??

It must be a Fred Meyers thing! All we have is Walmart and Fred Meyer and they are both stocked to the brims with Halloween, but Christmas stuff won't come out until they clear out all the halloween clearance!

Funny isn't it?How different we all are? I would have thought that of all places, Alaska would get in the Christmas spirit sooner just because of the cooler weather! Just goes to show you what I know! :rolleyes: I have often wondered how in the world places like Florida and Southern California can even get in the Christmas mood with it being warm.

When I was single I didn't start thinking about Christmas until November, but now that I have three kids and in-laws and nieces and nephews to think about, I usually start in September so I can do a little at a time. I was just telling my husband tonight that I am going to go to K-Mart one night this week and put some Christmas gifts on lay-a-way. Really it is kind of sad that Christmas has changed so much. When I was little I loved the gifts, but I also knew it meant a big dinner with all my aunts, uncles and cousins. It also meant Mom would get out her vanilla candle and set it in the middle of the coffee table (she only burnt it at Christmas) and she would get out all her ceramic decorations that she painted herself (she has given a lot of them to me now). She also painted several candy dishes that she would always keep filled up with m & m's or that hard ribbon candy. One of my favorite things would be to lay on the floor under the tree and look up through it at the lights. I started doing this with my son a couple of years ago and he loves it now too. It's funny because Christmas still seemed so magical even without all the stuff. Most of our decorations were just the things Mom painted and that wasn't a whole lot. As a matter of fact, all of our Christmas and Halloween things that she made we kept in one of our kitchen cabinets!! You should see my Christmas stuff!! I literally have totes and totes of stuff out in the garage! Every year I couldn't wait until Charlie Brown, Rudolph, Frosty and all the others were on TV. Now my kids can see them anytime they want because I think I bought every single Christmas DVD every made!! Kind of sad. :(

I think Alaska takes longer to get into the Christmas spirit because it is almost always snowy here, so we don't associate snow with Christmas. When I was little my Halloween costumes had to be generated around the giant snowsuit! Now I have to work snowsuits into my kids costumes!! If anything I associate snow with Halloween rather than Christmas!! Then it snows clear till Easter, so the snow=Christmas theory doesn't really work here!!

BTW- I wouldn't want it all the time, but I would LOVE a Christmas on the beach!

Walmart here also has Christmas stuff out, they were putting it out the same day they were doing the halloween stuff.

We just love the holidays. Since we have always focused more on the gift given to us by God the gifts we give have not been the center of attention. My mother has always made a huge deal out of Christmas. She has a theme every year and the dinner and games will coincide. One year we all (15) packed up everything including the Christmas trees and rented 2 beach houses side by side. My mother had sweatshirts made for us all with the slogan "Christmas by the sea 1993". In 2002 the theme was " fondue in 2002". She had aprons made for us all. One of the games we played was to see who could make the best dip for fondue. After saying all that, you can ask my boys now what they got last Christmas and I doubt they will be able to recall it. You can ask them who won the annual silly string fight (last year was the 15th year in a row) and they came name it! They can tell you who won the fondue sauce contest and they are counting the days as until they can have my mom's yummy tapioca pudding that she makes Christmas day. I love that!:D :D :D

My husband & I lived in South Florida while he went to dental school for 4 years. It was so great to Christmas shop in shorts instead of lugging around heavy winter coats!! But we got the best of both worlds because we got to come "home" to Indiana for 2 weeks around Christmas, so we got the snow & such, but then got to go back to Florida for the beach! We always went to the beach right before we went north for Christmas too so we had that just in the sun tan!! Made everyone jealous.

what's Fred Myers? I take it some sort of store ;)

I think Oct. is a great time for holiday catalogs, not only will people think Christmas, but people buy for thanksgiving too. That is a "cooking and eating' holiday. In oct. I start putting thoughts in people's heads about thanksgiving and all the yummy easy dishes they could make in our stoneware, cookware, bakeware, etc. Hopefully you get the point. Thats just my two cents. My kids, too, couldn't tell you what they got for christmas last year, but they know where we were and what family was there and the games they played. I really love that too.

luvs2sellit said:
We just love the holidays. Since we have always focused more on the gift given to us by God the gifts we give have not been the center of attention. My mother has always made a huge deal out of Christmas. She has a theme every year and the dinner and games will coincide. One year we all (15) packed up everything including the Christmas trees and rented 2 beach houses side by side. My mother had sweatshirts made for us all with the slogan "Christmas by the sea 1993". In 2002 the theme was " fondue in 2002". She had aprons made for us all. One of the games we played was to see who could make the best dip for fondue. After saying all that, you can ask my boys now what they got last Christmas and I doubt they will be able to recall it. You can ask them who won the annual silly string fight (last year was the 15th year in a row) and they came name it! They can tell you who won the fondue sauce contest and they are counting the days as until they can have my mom's yummy tapioca pudding that she makes Christmas day. I love that!:D :D :D

That is so cool!! I would love it if we did something like that. It will never happen though. Mine and my husbands families are both pretty disfunctional :p

Related to Get Ready for the Holidays - Check Out Our Shippable Catalog Starting Oct. 1st!

What is Pampered Chef's shippable catalog?

The shippable catalog is a selection of our most popular products that can be ordered and shipped directly to your doorstep.

When will the shippable catalog be available?

The shippable catalog will be available starting October 1st.

Can I order from the shippable catalog if I don't have a consultant?

Yes, you can order from the shippable catalog without a consultant. Simply visit our website and select the products you would like to order.

Can I still host a Pampered Chef party with the shippable catalog?

Yes, you can still host a party with the shippable catalog. Your consultant will provide you with a unique party link to share with your guests, and you will receive host rewards based on the total sales from your party.

Are there any special deals or promotions in the shippable catalog?

Yes, there may be special deals and promotions in the shippable catalog. Be sure to check the catalog or our website for any current offers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefChris
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • smithcooking
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies