• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Demystifying General PC Fundraisers: Tips and Tricks for Success!

Yes, the fundraiser amounts on the checklist/brochure are accurate for all fundraisers. You can use it as a general guide, but you will need to contact PC directly for any questions or specifics about the specific fundraiser you are doing. Yes, the fundraiser amounts on the checklist/brochure are accurate for all fundraisers. You can use it as a general guide, but you will need to contact PC directly for any questions or specifics about the specific fundraiser you are doing.
lsm72
I need help understanding how general fundraisers through PC work. Fundraisers seem so daunting to me (not sure why). Can someone help me, please?

Right now, I have one friend who wants to do a PC fundraiser for her son's football team. How would that work?

Thanks in advance for your help!:D

I"m not sure- I actually have the same question- was hoping your thread would have responses. I just had a show and a lady was very interested in having a fundraiser, plus she was interested in doing one with the 4-H group plus as a fundraiser to help a friend who just lost all her PC stuff in a fire (which I did mention she should get a hold of her consultant for some warranty info possibly). But I don't know how to do a fundraiser or what to do about it at all. I guess it's very daunting to me also.

I'm not sure which part is confusing you. So I'll try to give the basics here.

A fundraiser is entered in PP/P3 as a fundraiser. You get a 15% commission and the organization gets 10-15% and $3 for each show booked off the fundraiser. You need to know the organization name. The chairperson gets to buy the host special and the PHD (past host discount) but no other host benefits. Many people do a kick off cooking show.

Did that help? What questions do you have?

tlennhoff said:
I'm not sure which part is confusing you. So I'll try to give the basics here.

A fundraiser is entered in PP/P3 as a fundraiser. You get a 15% commission and the organization gets 10-15% and $3 for each show booked off the fundraiser. You need to know the organization name. The chairperson gets to buy the host special and the PHD (past host discount) but no other host benefits. Many people do a kick off cooking show.

Did that help? What questions do you have?

Ok, so what steps do we take to start them?
And if someone wants to do a fundraiser, how does PC know where to send the money? You just put in a fundraiser name? Like Breast Cancer, or 4-H club, etc? Does PC themselves send a check to a person whom we give the address for? Or do they only send to certain organizations?

And if someone wanted to do a 4-H or football fundraiser, how would you set that up?
Thanks for the information you've already provided- it helps.

Ok, so you set it up in PP/P3. You set up a new show, type fundraiser. I use the chairperson as the name, have them give me the name the check should be written out to, I use the chairperson's address so the check goes to them so they know the check was cut and they take care of getting it to where it needs to go.

I've attached a fundraiser checklist which I have the chairperson fill out all the info needed and then we use the checklist for staying in touch and on top of things.

The fundraiser planner is a great document to help get the chairperson started and motivated.

Attachments

• fundraiser_checklist.doc
    53 KB · Views: 510
  • fundraiser_checklist.pdf
    40.2 KB · Views: 364
  • Fundraiser Planner.doc
    287.5 KB · Views: 650
  • Fundraiser Planner.pdf
    230 KB · Views: 430
When you enter a new show into PP3 you select show type and put in the organization name. The orders will be sent to the chairperson, who receive the 60% off host item, the check will come to the chairperson paid to the order of the organization.

Thanks ladies- I better understand this now! So really, we can do fundraisers for just about anything it sounds like. Great!

tlennhoff said:
Ok, so you set it up in PP/P3. You set up a new show, type fundraiser. I use the chairperson as the name, have them give me the name the check should be written out to, I use the chairperson's address so the check goes to them so they know the check was cut and they take care of getting it to where it needs to go.

I've attached a fundraiser checklist which I have the chairperson fill out all the info needed and then we use the checklist for staying in touch and on top of things.

The fundraiser planner is a great document to help get the chairperson started and motivated.

So the fundraiser amounts on the checklist/brochure here are pretty accurate for all fundraisers? Just making sure so if I use it it's right for everything.
THanks so much ladies.

I was thinking of setting up a fundraiser for my uncle's medical bills (has been in ICU for over a month, plus flight bill to transfer to home hospital). I am here in NE and they are in ND so it would be strictly email, online, etc. Is there a special way to set that up?? Thanks in advance.

clshirk said:
So the fundraiser amounts on the checklist/brochure here are pretty accurate for all fundraisers? Just making sure so if I use it it's right for everything.
THanks so much ladies.

The amounts on the checklist/brochure should be accurate. some people donate part of their commission when doing fundraisers so make sure the amounts on the checklist do not mention an additional commission donation.

momoftwins said:
I was thinking of setting up a fundraiser for my uncle's medical bills (has been in ICU for over a month, plus flight bill to transfer to home hospital). I am here in NE and they are in ND so it would be strictly email, online, etc. Is there a special way to set that up?? Thanks in advance.

Set it up online and in PP/P3 as a fundraiser. Talk to a family member and make sure they have a special bank account set up for donations for his medical care - any bank can answer their questions on how to do this. Make sure that you stress to family members that the more they order the more money goes to help with the medical bills and so they should ask all of their freinds/co-workers to order also. Fundraisers like this are only successful if you can get outside of the family circle. Try to get each family member to bring in $100 or $500 in outside orders.

Ok- so I sent out the planning checklist today that was listed above as a start off to my girl for the 4-H fundraiser. It does not mention any info on commission donations, but because of the low commision, I did offer half of my commission to add to it. The lady said that they'd send kids out with books to take up orders. Does that sound right? Is there any additional percentages after a fundraiser show hits $1000? Or is it still 15% and $3 per booking? And again, we get 15% commission, right? So 7.5% of my commission is going to the fundraiser since I offered half.
Ok- just checking- so I can make up my own flyer for the kids if they agree to do it.

Yes, you are correct in all of the above. I've attached a letter that someone else on CS did to attach to the catalogs the kids take around.

You'll need to modify it quite a bit for your situation but I find it easier to modify something that exist then to start from scratch.

I've included a text copy for those that do not have word so you can have the wording of the letter.

Attachments

• cover sheet.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 378
  • cover sheet.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 256
Thanks! I will use that then with my modifications.

tlennhoff said:
Yes, you are correct in all of the above. I've attached a letter that someone else on CS did to attach to the catalogs the kids take around.

You'll need to modify it quite a bit for your situation but I find it easier to modify something that exist then to start from scratch.

I've included a text copy for those that do not have word so you can have the wording of the letter.

What does the prize sheet look like - I want to do this for a elementary school but not sure what to offer them with prizes/incentives

Thanks for sharing and I love the letter

~

Related to Demystifying General PC Fundraisers: Tips and Tricks for Success!

What types of fundraisers can Pampered Chef help with?

Pampered Chef can help with a variety of fundraisers, including online virtual parties, in-person parties, catalog parties, and custom orders. We also offer a Fundraiser Program where organizations can sell our products directly and earn a percentage of the sales.

How much does Pampered Chef charge for fundraisers?

There is no charge to host a Pampered Chef fundraiser. We provide all the materials and support needed to run a successful event. However, we do ask that a minimum of $150 in sales is achieved in order to receive the fundraising benefits.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

Hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser allows your organization to earn money while providing your supporters with high-quality kitchen products. We also offer incentives and rewards for reaching certain sales goals. Additionally, our fundraisers are easy to run and require minimal time and effort from the organizers.

How can I get started with a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

To get started, simply reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant or fill out the fundraiser request form on our website. Our consultants will work with you to determine the best type of fundraiser for your organization and provide all the necessary materials and support to make it a success.

Can I customize the products or materials for my fundraiser?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers the option to customize the products and materials for your fundraiser. This can include adding your organization's logo or name to certain products, as well as creating personalized order forms and marketing materials. Our consultants can help you with the customization process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beckysuem
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lkhartmann
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies