• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Debating Self-Promotion: Advice for Nicole

In summary, the conversation is about reporting individuals who are violating the rules of advertising on Craigslist for Pampered Chef products. The group agrees that it is not fair to the rest of them if someone is not following the rules and they should report it. They discuss the process of reporting and how to make a link to the violation. One person mentions feeling good about reporting and another expresses concern about advertising on Craigslist. The group then shares that they have all reported the violation.
niktim3
I know we can not advertise ourselves... but should I do something if someone is??
Not sure....
THanks for the advice!
Nicole

you should report it, it isn't fair to the rest of us if someone else isn't following the rules. don't approach them yourself, just report it to HO

Does anyone know the address to report it?
Yep, I agree.
Nicole

I just looked at our local CL and someone is having a "one day" sale on stoneware, 20% off. Very frustrating for those of us wanting to play by the rules!

I got great pleasure from reporting them.

[email protected]

thank you, i too have a cheater to report!

how do we report though? just an email with a link to internet violations? and if so, how do we make a link? just copy past what is in the address bar? never reported before...

THanks!!!
How did you find the address so quickly!!
Nicole

I had it in my e-mail from last week. I saw it posted on a similar thread and I've been watching Craigslist for violaters every day since. I don't feel bad; it should be a level playing field. We all agreed to the same consultant rules.

princessmeshelle said:
how do we report though? just an email with a link to internet violations? and if so, how do we make a link? just copy past what is in the address bar? never reported before...

That's right- just copy the address from the address bar in your browser and send it to the email address listed above. I usually include a short sentence, as an otherwise empty message with only a link will often be filtered as spam. HO will investigate. You may receive a "thank you and we're checking into it" message, but not always.

I can't imagine people even wanting to advertise themselves on CL anyway. Ya, there are some legit people who use it but there are a lot of crazies on that site too!! I would be a bit scared to go do a show for someone who found me that way. (not that I post myself on there, but you know what I mean).

I just saw it too, Nicole and reported it!

Related to Debating Self-Promotion: Advice for Nicole

What is self-promotion and why is it important?

Self-promotion is the act of promoting oneself, one's talents, skills, and accomplishments. It is important because it allows individuals to showcase their strengths and stand out in a competitive job market. It also helps to build a personal brand and establish credibility in their field.

How can self-promotion be done effectively?

Self-promotion can be done effectively by identifying one's unique strengths and finding ways to showcase them, such as through networking, creating a professional online presence, and actively seeking opportunities to demonstrate skills and expertise.

Is self-promotion considered bragging or being too pushy?

Self-promotion should not be seen as bragging or being pushy. It is a necessary step in career advancement and should be done with confidence and authenticity. It is important to find a balance and avoid coming across as arrogant or insincere.

How can self-promotion benefit an individual's career?

Self-promotion can benefit an individual's career in many ways. It can lead to new job opportunities, promotions, and salary increases. It also helps to build a strong professional network and establish oneself as a thought leader in their industry.

Are there any potential downsides to self-promotion?

While self-promotion can have many benefits, there are potential downsides to be aware of. It is important to find a balance and avoid coming across as too self-centered or boastful. It is also important to continuously back up self-promotion with actual achievements and skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • Jen1409
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • emiscookin
  • General Chat
Replies