• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Alternatives to USPS: How to Avoid Corporate Greed and Save Money on Mail

In summary, the postal service is being criticized for spending $1.2 million on a home purchase. The company is being called out for being expensive and not keeping up with other shipping companies.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Along with all the other corporate crap in the news, this ticks me off: Postal Service draws criticism for $1.2 million home buy - CNN.com

I wish there were other convenient, economical ways to aviod the postal service. Any ideas?

I'm so tired of all these large corporations taking advantage of us, raising prices to afford their luxuries and sending US jobs overseas. I try to limit my business dealings with the ones I know about, but not sure what to do with this one. GRRRRR!

The USPS is still the most cost-effective way to send correspondence and small packages anywhere in the world. And there is no other country that has a comparable economical domestic package delivery service.

That is still nuts to purchase a home like that from one of the execs... How many people have relocated in the last year to just find work... No one is bailing them out of their house payment!!!

No one is bailing anyone out of a house payment. It is a standard business practice to pay for relocation. My former employer offered that benefit for employees who needed to move across the country from one office to another. Until the housing bubble burst, there was no need to place a cap on the value of the home involved. The USPS now has that cap.

I guess this is just one of the USPS houses that we'll get to help pay for with the upcoming postage increase in May. I usderstand relocation incentives - but a 1.2 million dollar house is beyond acceptable IMO.

myinnerchef said:
The USPS is still the most cost-effective way to send correspondence and small packages anywhere in the world. And there is no other country that has a comparable economical domestic package delivery service.

Actually it isn't...

I find it much cheaper and reliable to ship with FedEx. Or to use FedEx Smartpost which utilizes the transportation of FedEx air and ground then drops to the local post office for delivery. It is MUCH cheaper than USPS.

From a corporate instead of personal standpoint, USPS is one of the more expensive solutions, that is why many companies are pulling their volume and they are having to raise rates. They haven't kept up.

Related to Alternatives to USPS: How to Avoid Corporate Greed and Save Money on Mail

1. What other shipping carriers does Pampered Chef offer besides USPS?

Pampered Chef offers alternatives to USPS such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL for domestic and international shipments.

2. Are the shipping rates for these alternatives comparable to USPS?

The shipping rates for alternative carriers may vary depending on the weight, size, and destination of the package. It is best to compare rates from different carriers to determine the most cost-effective option for your shipment.

3. Can I track my package if I use an alternative to USPS?

Yes, all of our alternative carriers offer tracking services for your packages. You will receive a tracking number once your order has been shipped.

4. Do I need to do anything differently when using an alternative carrier?

While the process of shipping with an alternative carrier may be slightly different, our customer service team is available to assist you with any questions or concerns. You can also refer to the carrier's website for specific instructions on shipping and tracking your package.

5. Are there any restrictions when using alternative carriers for international shipments?

Each alternative carrier may have their own specific restrictions for international shipments. It is important to review the carrier's policies and restrictions before shipping to ensure compliance with customs regulations and avoid any delays or fees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pattikake
Back