• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tailgate Party Planning: Worth It or Waste?

In summary, the conversation was about planning a tailgate party for the end of the month to promote a cluster. The plan was to hang banners and balloons on cars, have catalogs and business cards available, and attract attention. Some have seen Avon ladies do this at a Walmart parking lot, but didn't stop to check out the specifics. The director suggested holding the event in a parking lot of a closed business to avoid soliciting violations. However, there were concerns about the location not being popular enough to attract attention. Some suggestions were to consider handing out samples or brochures, hosting the party at a more popular location, partnering with local businesses, and planning ahead for success. Overall, a tailgate party can be a great way
dawn424383
My cluster is planning to do a Tailgate Party at the end of the month. The plan is to hang PC banners and balloons on our cars, have catalogs and business cards available to hand out, and basically, just try to attract attention. I saw some Avon ladies doing this at a Wal-Mart parking lot one day, but didn't stop to check out the specifics. Has anyone done this, and if so, how did it go? My director has suggested, to avoid any soliciting violations, to hold this event in the parking lot of a place that has gone out of business. It is near other businesses that are popular and well traveled, but, I don't think anyone will really notice or even bother to come over and talk to us. Does anyone think this is worth while, or is it a waste of time? Looking for some input.

I think it is worth trying, although I would suggest you consider a few things first. First, consider the potential of handing out samples or brochures in the parking lot. Depending on the local laws, this could be a great way to get people's attention and interest. Additionally, if the parking lot is not heavily populated or well-traveled, consider hosting the tailgate party at a more popular or heavily traveled location. This could be a park, downtown area, or maybe even a local event. Another option is to partner with local businesses and have them help you advertise and promote your tailgate party. This could include offering discounts for those attending, giveaways, or even a special coupon. This could draw a larger crowd and increase the chances of success. Finally, be sure to plan ahead to get the most out of your event. Have enough people available to help hand out brochures and answer questions. Also, consider any potential risks and how you can mitigate them. Overall, a tailgate party can be a great way to generate interest in your cluster and attract potential customers. With a bit of planning and creativity, it can be a success. Good luck!

I have never personally done a tailgate party for my business, but I have seen other companies do it successfully. I think it can be a great way to attract attention and potentially gain some new customers. However, I do agree with your director's suggestion to hold the event in a parking lot of a closed business to avoid any soliciting violations. It may not be the most ideal location, but if it's in a well-traveled area, people may still notice and come over to talk to you. It's definitely worth a try, especially if you have a team of enthusiastic and outgoing individuals who can engage with potential customers. Plus, with the added bonus of hanging banners and balloons on your cars, you're sure to catch some attention. Good luck with your tailgate party!

1. Is it worth the effort and expense to plan a tailgate party?

It depends on your personal preferences and budget. Tailgate parties can be a fun and memorable experience, but they do require some planning and expense. Consider the size of your group, the cost of food and supplies, and the overall atmosphere you want to create. If you enjoy the excitement and camaraderie of a tailgate party, it can definitely be worth it.

2. How early should I start planning a tailgate party?

It's recommended to start planning at least a week in advance. This will give you enough time to purchase supplies, prepare food, and coordinate with your guests. If you are planning a larger tailgate party, you may want to start planning even earlier to ensure everything is in order.

3. What are some essential items to have at a tailgate party?

Some essential items to have at a tailgate party include a grill, cooler, chairs, table, and plenty of food and drinks. You may also want to consider bringing games or activities to keep your guests entertained. Other helpful items include disposable plates, cups, and utensils for easy cleanup.

4. Can I plan a tailgate party on a budget?

Absolutely! There are many ways to plan a budget-friendly tailgate party. Consider asking guests to bring their own food and drinks to share, or opt for cheaper options such as hot dogs and burgers instead of more expensive meats. You can also save money by using reusable plates and utensils instead of disposable ones.

5. How can I make my tailgate party a success?

To make your tailgate party a success, it's important to plan ahead and communicate with your guests. Make sure you have enough food and drinks for everyone, and consider bringing extra items like sunscreen and bug spray. It's also helpful to have a designated area for trash and to clean up after the party to ensure a smooth experience for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefinski
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janezapchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nascarcooker
Replies