• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

In summary, many people are complaining about the way threads get hijacked and morph into something completely unrelated to the original thread title. Some say it's just the way normal conversation flows and topics change as one topic reminds speakers of another. Others say thread hijacking is an awful thing and it is terribly annoying. Well, this thread is going to stay on topic: thread hijacking! Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
  • #1,601
Have a girlfriend up there... somewhere... she keeps moving and I never remember what city... just know it's in WI somewhere...

• #1,602
So do I...don't tell The Kat Lady...but she keeps moving and I can't find her, either.Same girlfriend, ya think?

• #1,605
Ssssshhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone!

• #1,606
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ssssshhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone!

O.k., I promise, not a word to anyone! heehee

• #1,607
Whew!razzlbrazzt minimums

• #1,608
Good thing Katie knows how to keep a secret!:p

• #1,609
11WHDVR9ASL._SS500_.jpg
I'd say so.

• #1,610
katie0128 said:
KG - where is "home"? You seem to wander with the job so much, just curious...
If the car didn't know the way, I'd never get there.

The birds keep eating my trail of bread crumbs.

• #1,611
All right, Hanzel, don't tell me. But just steer clear of houses in the woods that are made of candy...

• #1,612
I told you-- Cheddarland. If KG wants people to know more specifically, he'll post it. But I think he wants to keep his adoring public away. :)

• #1,613
Hey- post 4900 for me! Woo-hoo!

• #1,614
chefann said:
I told you-- Cheddarland. If KG wants people to know more specifically, he'll post it. But I think he wants to keep his adoring public away. :)
:rolleyes:

• #1,615
I'll keep your secrets, KG! Can't have hundreds of consultants suddenly showing up at your house.

• #1,616
Not to mention, my room number at conference, because once they all find out I'm alone, they'll all want to use my bathroom.

• #1,617
I'll make sure to send housekeeping to your room while you're sleeping so that it's a "normal" hotel stay for you. :D

• #1,618
It would be more even more fun if the only word they knew in English was "Housekeeping!"

• #1,619
Now that some of us have hijacked the "Not a good sign" thread, I'm moving the hijacking over here.There are other bad signs out there. This one makes you scratch your head.
NoPetsLG.jpg

• #1,620
How about this one?
http://www.roundaboutsigns.com/library/images/Water_Cliff_Large.gif

• #1,621
That sign has no peer.

• #1,622
Check out the guy with the orange sign:http://www.strangesigns.org/albums/People/wei_feminist.jpg

• #1,623
OMG! It's Dan!

• #1,624
Now, THIS is a bad sign but I just can't post it over in that thread.http://www.strangesigns.org/albums/Businesses/Affair.jpg

• #1,625
Don't have a pic of it, but the orthodontist I used to go to was next door to a funeral home and a butcher. I remember one day I came for an appointment with the OD and there was a funeral procession leaving the funeral home and someone at the butcher shop putting up a sign that said "Fresh Meat Today". Didn't really feel like ever getting meat from there again!

• #1,626
http://www.strangesigns.org/albums/Businesses/hotbeer.jpg

• #1,627
Honest is not always the best policy.

• #1,628
I wonder how honesty works out for this guy?http://www.strangesigns.org/albums/People/alcoholresearch.jpg

• #1,629
raebates said:
No way, worm breath. I was waiting with my "breath held in by fear or excitement." As I said, bated breath.
So this guy goes ice fishing, cuts a hole in the ice near a kid, and starts in to fish. He can't get a bite. The kid next to him is pulling in fish after fish and the guy can't stand it.

So he goes over and says to the kid, "I've been watching you catch fish all day and I can' get a bite. What's your secret?"

The kid says, "Kipthf urf wrmfs wfrm."

"Huh?"

The kid says, "Kipthf urf wrmfs wfrm."

"I can't understand you. What's your secret?"

The kid reaches up to his mouth with his to his hand and spits something into it. He says, "Keep your worms warm."

• #1,630
Once again you have proven that even bad old jokes can make me laugh. Thanks for the giggle, KG. I don't have a picture, but on highway 31, between Indianapolis and Kokomo, you'll see "Sherrill's Eat Here & Get Gas."

• #1,631
http://www.strangesigns.org/albums/Businesses/getgas.jpg

• #1,632
Did you just happen to have that picture or look it up on the internet?

Now to hijack... sort of... how do you insert a picture into your message? I tried before and it wouldn't work unless I made it an attachment. Thanks for your help.

Now back to bad signs......

• #1,633
That particular sign is on the Internet and I happened to see it a few hours before Rae made her post.If you'd like to know more about linking photos, I put a thread up about it last Winter. Click here to read it.

• #1,634
Thanks KG for the quick reply about the photos.

I have noticed you like signs....or could it be a sign that you notice signs?

• #1,635
The cop in Taylor, Michigan last week pointed out that I don't seem to see signs.

• #1,636
It would sure help it they'd post the speed limit signs more frequently, huh?

I'm lucky to live in the middle of nowhere, everyone drives about 90 on the interstate here.

• #1,637
It would also help if they weren't the size of a postage stamp in a field of billboards.

• #1,638
There was a fish restaurant near me (now closed) that had a scary sign, because of their name: Mercury Fish & Chips.Yeah-- 'cuz I'm not getting enough heavy metals in my meals.

• #1,639
Did you hear that Ford is recalling thousands of Mercury sedans?They've found traces of tuna in them.

• #1,640
The whole situation sounds fishy to me!

• #1,641
You said that on porpoise.

• #1,642
Because of all of you sunday night, don't want to go to sleep because that means when I wake up I have to go to work people, I am having such a whale of a time on here!

• #1,643
I'm floundering for a good comeback...

• #1,644
Just change your name to Annette.

• #1,646
(Pronounce the two syllables slowly and distinctly.)Sorry for your gaff.

• #1,647
You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

• #1,648
You also can't teach a pig to sing, but that's a horse of a different color.

(How's that for mixing plenty of metaphors?)

• #1,649
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
(Pronounce the two syllables slowly and distinctly.)

Sorry for your gaff.

<giggle, giggle>

• #1,650
raebates said:
You also can't teach a pig to sing, but that's a horse of a different color.

(How's that for mixing plenty of metaphors?)
Put them apples in your pipe and see how you like to smoke 'em.

<h2>1. What is a thread hijacking?</h2><p>A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.</p><h2>2. Why do threads get hijacked?</h2><p>There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.</p><h2>3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?</h2><p>Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.</p><h2>4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?</h2><p>Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?</h2><p>If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.</p>

Related to theOfficial Hijacking Threads Hijack Thread

1. What is a thread hijacking?

A thread hijacking occurs when the topic of a conversation in a forum thread shifts from the original subject to something completely unrelated.

2. Why do threads get hijacked?

There are a few reasons why threads may get hijacked. Sometimes, it's simply the natural flow of conversation as one topic leads to another. Other times, it may be due to a lack of moderation or enforcement of staying on topic. Some users may also intentionally hijack threads for attention or to disrupt the conversation.

3. Is thread hijacking a common issue on forums?

Yes, thread hijacking is a common issue on forums. It can be frustrating for users who are genuinely interested in the original topic and can make it difficult for others to follow the conversation.

4. How can thread hijacking be prevented?

Moderation is key in preventing thread hijacking. Forum moderators should actively monitor threads and redirect the conversation back to the original topic if it veers off track. Setting clear guidelines for staying on topic can also help prevent thread hijacking.

5. What should I do if I notice a thread being hijacked?

If you notice a thread being hijacked, you can try politely redirecting the conversation back to the original topic. You can also flag the thread for moderation or report the issue to a forum moderator. It's important to remember to stay respectful and avoid engaging in any arguments or off-topic discussions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
PamperedDor